1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eatman: All signs pointing towards Kiffin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JustDezIt, Jan 10, 2013.

1. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is video of Kiffin entering Valley Ranch.....

[IMG]
  2. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,838 Messages
    996 Likes Received

HALL OF FAME POST. Rack it!!! Rack that puppy! Hall of Fame stuff right here. :lmao: :bow:

All we need for the scene to be complete is for the wheels to be coming off his walker.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,964 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    Interesting take......
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,964 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    He's older than JJ! :eek:
  5. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,838 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    You know its coming. By Jerry bringing in Rob Ryan to begin with, in essence it gave Jason Garrett a "get out of jail free" card. It bought him 2-3 more years as head coach.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,476 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Dude looked 80 in 2002. He hasn't aged well.
  8. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    You don't like anything.
  9. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Hopefully his brain is still intact.
  10. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,920 Messages
    471 Likes Received

:bow: :laugh2:
  11. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    I keep reading these doom and gloom posts and I can't help but scratch my head. I am trying to look at this from their perspective and I would think they had to have had discussions on what guys they would line up where. It makes perfect sense really. Lee is very smart and I can see him becoming a Brian urlacher type of LB in the 4-3. Also if you had 2 guys who are speedy and can cover a lot of ground where would you play them? On the outside and turn them loose to help contain in the run game or cover the 2 te sets. I would think that Dallas would match up good against a team that runs a double te set if you had carter/sims on the outside. It makes sense IMO. You know they are high on Church and if they intend to use our CB's like the Seahawks use theirs I don't see how this is a bad move. To me it looks more and more like they are trying to play to the strengths of these guys that we have. Also I would bet that Spencer is gone and we will use that money to bring in another DE/DT at a decent price.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Couple holes in your theory.

1) Sims was a huge bust on 2 different 4-3 teams

2) Woody was a 2nd and Church was a UDFA. 4.45 vs 4.7 speed (pre-achilles injury).

That puts us at 1 DE, 2 DT's, 2 S's and 1 OLB needed for starters. Not to mention depth.

You can't address all that and OL.
  13. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,869 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    This guy is a 1st round draft pick on his 4th team in 6 years. That's Bobby Carpenter territory.

I honestly don't get the fascination with Church. To even put him in the same sentence with Woody is ridiculous.

Yup. While I'm pretty ok with the firing of Ryan, this screams over-reaction, not a plan.
  14. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    I'm not going to address church's 40 time again today it's already been discussed at length today if you want the answers to the 4.7 myth you can look under eatman tweet thread. But since you are a self proclaimed "realist" you won't care to read facts. Also so what if Sims is on his 4th team in 6 years the guy played solid inspired football here and he was very good and he has experience with the 4-3 defense. I don't get how that is hard to grasp.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I like the hire. His defenses in Tampa were always near the top of the league and that defense won them a Super Bowl.

Listen, even if he leaves pretty quick, he has an entire coaching tree with coaches that we could hire.
  16. wileedog

9,869 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    I don't get what is so hard to grasp that after 5 years he was on the street. He was out of football. The rest of the league had given up on him despite his draft status.

He played a half a season for us. Does that really negate his entire career of suckage in your world?
  17. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,833 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm praying that they don't and that they stay off the forum! *fingers crossed*
  18. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please enlighten me on the myth of his 4.7 40 cuz he ran 4.69 at Combine and 4.65 at his Pro Day.

Combine Invite: Yes
    Height: 6014
    Weight: 222
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.60 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
    Vertical Jump: 36
    Broad Jump: 10'01"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.17
    3-Cone Drill: 6.65
    40 Time Range: 4.69-4.83

Dates: 03/16/10
    Height: 6014
    Weight: 222
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.64
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.78
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.58 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle:
    3-Cone Drill:
  19. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,804 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    Sims has admitted to having a bad attitude, feeling because he was a first-round pick and gifted athlete, he didn't have to put in the work.

Now, it's entirely possible that he'll fail, but dedicating himself to study might make all the suckage go away.
  20. wileedog

9,869 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    If they want to keep him on the roster next year with the idea that maybe the light has finally come on for him I'm fine with that.

Penciling him in as the de facto starter and thinking we are good to go with him there based on a half season is beyond naive IMO.