1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eatman: Cowboys Looking At Rich Bisaccia for ST

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MrMom, Jan 17, 2013.

1. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,588 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Dude looks intense , I like that !!!
  2. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

350 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    +10000 RS ...
  3. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

350 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    He was in school too and hear he is coaching on the field too!!
    He would be a great hire.. His intensity is needed at VR
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,760 Messages
    10,050 Likes Received
    Either that's an in game pic or he just spotted Kiffin eating corn on the cob.
  5. jr40usa

jr40usa Member

416 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am really beginning to believe JJ still may or already has fired JG and Gruden is actually doing the hiring. Stay tune...something is up. Jerry has been too quiet with the media.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Let's bet cash on it.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,465 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Considering the TD returns we've allowed, I think it's pretty easy to see what they do ... wrong.

They are responsible for deciding which lanes each player should cover, both for blocking and covering kicks, and coaching them to stay in those lanes.
  8. gimmesix

9,465 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Just think about the places Garrett has been and worked.

Some of the coaches fired are also some of the ones who never worked with Garrett prior to coming to Dallas, I believe, or with Kiffin, who's making the hiring calls on defense.
  9. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Bisaccia would be a fantastic addition. He is intense and the players will absolutely love the guy.
  10. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,511 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Special Teams is equally important as offense and defense. Special Teams "splash" plays have a huge correlation to winning games.
  12. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

235 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    More like, Jerry is keeping it quiet until everything cools down. He's banking that everyone will get excited about the changes on defense and we'll all forget about a new OC.
    My bet; brother Garrett is the last coaching change on offense. Jerry will try to fix the O-Line and defense. He's giving JG one more year to prove he can do both.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,439 Messages
    1,042 Likes Received
    Gorgeous.

:(
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    I didn't say special teams wasn't important. I said I can find no proof of what a ST coach actually does. Other than yell at people when things go wrong, of course.

I can promise you no ST coach ever taught Devin Hester how to juke a guy out of his shoes or how to run faster.

I'm also half kidding. Half.
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,614 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received

I love how people think that being a fan of a team makes a difference.
  16. gimmesix

9,465 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    There is some truth to that. A lot of the top special-teams players are just that way because of their natural ability to play it.

But if you take the Hester example, it still takes blockers knowing who they've got to hit to give him a chance to do his stuff. It can't just be chaos. So the ST coach has a role in that success. The evidence is often how well the play is blocked because there are definitely times when a good returner overcomes poor blocking.

Same thing with the coverage. A good scheme is going to be set up to not just depend on defeating blocking, but to have players get to certain points to allow others to fill in and make the plays. It can be undone by the kicker putting the kickoff in the wrong spot. It can be undone by players not being disciplined to let the scheme develop or not understanding where to go if the blocking develops a certain way.

In a way, special teams has to be coordinated better than either of the other units because there's so much field to cover. Leave gaps in your scheme and there they go!
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    It got us Lovie Smith didn't it? Ooops:eek::
  18. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,550 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    When the rules changed about the wedge formations it appeared that Joe D didn't adapt to it very well.

We've consistently had poor starting field position in his tenure here and after the debacles we've had on ST under him I grew pretty tired of him as well.

Hoofbite posted the information I'm referring to about the blunders on ST.
  19. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Maybe they can finally protect the punter.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    We should be so lucky...