1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eatman: Jones Explains Statements On Seattle and Chicago Games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FuzzyLumpkins, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Mickey asked a question about injuries, referring specifically to the defense, and how that factors in.

Jerry answered with Chicago and Seattle being games he didn't particularly like prior to injuries so there's no excuse.

Now Jerry's saying he meant it as a broad statement about the team.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah, I'm not sure how this is now being spun as applying just as much to the offense as the defense given Mickey's lead-in question.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,510 Likes Received
    So you guys are saying that Jerry Jones is lying?
  4. plymkr

plymkr Active Member

187 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Me too, I grabbed my German shepherd's nose and stuck it in poop and then asked her why garret is still the coach. She bit me, it hurts, I'm going to go lay down for a while.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    And how exactly is Garrett coaching the offensive stars?

If we are going to say the defensive starters played like crap so Ryan gets fired, then why does Garrett stay when the offensive starters played like crap?

No way Ryan can get canned for his unit not performing when Garrett's unit didnt perform either and it is nothing but scapegoating. Both the DC and the OC should share the blame and both be fired.

I have not seen the OC fired, the only guy on the entire offense to get fired was the RB coach when we had the fewest rushing attempts in the 52 yr history of the team, seriously?
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received

Too bad they dont select playoff teams from just half the season:rolleyes:
  7. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Just lost my morning beverage:lmao:
  8. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    What a waste of beer!!
  9. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    too bad your reply has nothing to do with my discussion on if the unit improved or not. :rolleyes:
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,306 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Bingo!
  11. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,306 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Completely agree with you. Not to mention JG has been in charge of the play calling for 7 years now and it is still predictable//Vanilla. I don't think a lot of us are upset that Ryan is gone, we are upset that JG isn't gone. He was more deserving of getting fired than Ryan was. They both should have been fired and we should have never even considered old man Kiffin. A blow up is coming...
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,073 Messages
    985 Likes Received
    Not sure if I saw the entire interview and follow up. But, while the talking heads were discussing Jerry's comments, they were playing background footage of the Seattle and Chicago games. Thing is, they only played unflattering defensive footage from those games. It seemed kind of strange that they wouldn't have shown some of the ints in the Chicago game - the whole thing looked pretty staged with somewhat of a defensive bias..
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,321 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  14. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Neither do I , or Jerry Jones, or 85% of the fanbase.
  15. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    I agree, I think it was a bigger factor in letting him go than most realize. It was embarrassing.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,577 Messages
    2,436 Likes Received
    Lot's of frustration and friction from Ryan over the course of the season. Some may be understandable, but an HC and GM can't have a mutiny going on right under their noses.
  17. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,953 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    It's coming but not for another year.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I also think that Rob probably wasn't a Type A details oriented type of person, and they didn't trust him in a situation where he was the de-facto "head coach" of the defense given carte blanche over his unit. He's better off in a situation like the Rams where there are other high ranking defensive voices in the room who can micromanage him a little bit.
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The defense didn't play well in those games. The Bears had their hands tied with a hobbled Matt Forte, but they managed to just throw it to Brandon Marshall at will even though everyone in the stadium knew that was his only weapon. (7 catches, 138 yards on only 8 targets).

In the Seattle game, Seattle's offense just imposed their will on our defense and kept Dallas' offense off the field. Dallas managed to pull within 13-10 early in the 3rd quarter with the game very much in reach. Then the defense allowed Seattle a 90 yard TD march. Then Seattle followed that up with an 88 yard/12 yard/8 minute TD drive. Seattle then got the ball again and ate up the entire 4th quarter with one final drive before giving the ball back to Dallas with 36 seconds left.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    It was after that game that I began to really doubt Red Ball. He had 10 days to get the team ready to play and they stank it up all around. To me that is on the coaches. Especially the HC.