1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Eatman: Say what you want, I'll take Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Jimz31, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
  2. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Good story. Good perspective. Romo may not be on the "elite" list. But if he's not he's right behind them.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo had some help in that loss, trust me... Coach DeCamillis and his special teams units didn't look too special Sunday night.
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Ya ya ya. I may not support "the guy who plays Qb for the cowboys" but who the hell does kordell friggin Stewart thinks he is? Bad Qbs shouldn't be allowed to criticize other Qb.
  5. wood28

wood28 Member

450 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Nice read, I think exactly the same things. I really hope Romo can win one superbowl as a Cowboy, maybe then guys like kordel trash stewart can close their mouths.
  6. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,219 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Excellent point and perspective. Not enough people look at the times Romo has brought us back as opposed to when the game was lost in the end.

Say what you will, but if Romo has the ball on his own 20 with 2 minutes left, I still believe we're getting into the endzone. I believe because I know he believes, and that's all I need in a quarterback.

Yeah, he fumbled at the 1, but he fumbled at the 1 sacrificing his body to get the job done. I'll take that.
  7. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Get ROMO a solid running game and take the ball out of his hands....he needs a running game that can take over the game, Romo can not be expected to do everything. There is a reason the TRIPLETS were so successful, There is a reason John Elway finally won a championship.
  8. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  9. ANTHONYSCOTT

ANTHONYSCOTT Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    B-I-N-G-O

Yeah Bingo was his name'o! I agree 100% man...
  10. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    right now I think hes pretty darn good. I would probably rank him around 5 or 6 compared to other starting QB's and I have to remind myself those years before Romo OUCH
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    I saw mention in the followup post of Tom Brady. He is amazing and the best out there right now. Way better than Tony of course.

But for some perspective, about a year ago Brady played in hostile NY jets environment and here are his stats:
    Loss 14-28 (we lost by 3)
    passer rating= 72 (Romo's was 102)
    Pass yards = 248 (Romo had 342)
    TDs= 2 (same)
    Turnovers= 3 (2 in 4th qtr) Romo had 2
    ---
    My point is that every single QB has at least some trouble playing vs the Jets in NY under Ryan.

We'll be ok folks.
  12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Get him an better OC. One who knows more than just Xs and Os. Someone who is better red zone play caller and someone who has better feel for the game situations. Romo will be elite.