1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ed Werder: Speculates Romo is waiting for Flacco deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
    I've been convinced that Tony Romo is waiting for Joe Flacco to negotiate new deal with Ravens. How close will Flacco be to Brees' $100M?

Tony Romo doesn't have a Super Bowl ring or even multiple playoff wins but he's top 10 and has leverage and that will be enough for JJ

Since you asked, higher than Romo: Brady, Brees, Rodgers, P Manning, E Manning, Ben R, Flacco.. That makes him 8th; I said he's top 10.

Some people will put Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson and Kaepernick ahead of Romo. That's possible soon but not yet.

Like Matt Ryan and argument can be made he's ahead of Romo, but similar postseason results and doesn't have Romo's stats.
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    No doubt, lets pay him a boatload now before we find out he's around 13th:rolleyes:
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: This thread should be good!
  4. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,468 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    Not sure how this is news. Who wouldn't wait for flacco's contract?
  5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,334 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    To Mr. Blue Suit's credit (yes, I know)...this actually seems logical and makes sense. Better than the nonsense Matt Mosely was spreading earlier this week.

YR
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    In my mind he is middle of the pack. I have Luck, Kap, Wilson, and RG3 ahead of him based on what I saw last year.
  7. SDCowboy85

15,468 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    If you're talking about building a team around them at their current ages, yeah. Not if you're talking about flat out who's better right now. Romo is better then all those guys.
  8. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    You think Romo can lead this team further than Kap, Luck, Wilson, and RG3? Or do you just really love Romo?
  9. SDCowboy85

15,468 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    On equal teams? No question.
  10. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Agreed.

It's hilarious when people judge and make their minds up after seeing one season from rookies, show me consistency and then we can talk about rook Qb's.
  11. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    whatever deal he gets, it should be nowhere near flacco.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    No question at all.
  13. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,320 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I believe the same. ESPESCIALLY with the rookies who ran the spread option/pistol formations alot. Don't think the scheme itself will be as successful next season, so they will probably all suffer a sophmore slump (except Luck who might actually become better since he didn't rely on gimmick schemes - probably not quite as good as Romo in only his second season, but I guess it's possible).
  14. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,320 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Maybe it shouldn't be, but I bet it will be.

If we don't pay him close to Flacco money, I bet there are a handful of teams that will gladly do so.
  15. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    Flacco is younger. Up until that 3 game stretch this year in the playoffs, he most certainly has not been the better QB. And Flacco has played some the worst playoff games in the history of the NFL....and his team even won a couple of them. Up until this year, he had as many picks as he did TDs in the playoffs and we already know Romo has always been better than him in the regualr season...not close really.

However, he has the hardware and played really well helping his team get it. He is getting better, he's younger, and he has a big arm.

A lot of good reasons to reward Flacco well.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    After the mental freak out he had in Washington I wouldn't be confident about this statement.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

And why is that when he hasn't accomplished anything?
  18. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    I don't think he remotely freaked out in Washington.

He didn't play a good game, but I really don't think it was mental.
    The dude was ballin' in the second half. Before the outlet pick he just thrown a TD pass and 2 point conversion. Then on that same possession as the pick he had just thrown a first down pass to Witten the very play before that.
    He didn't all of a sudden freak out from one second to the next.
    It was just a bad football play by him and the line as well. They missed the blitz, the top 3 WRs were all on the sidelines, he made the obvious play but got sickered by the LB or just didn't throw it hard enough. That was not some freakout, just a bad play.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received

HUH? What has Romo done in 8 Years? Nothing.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,421 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    So Romo is going to be rewarded for being a failure

As grandmom would have said..............."I SEE"