1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ed Werder: Speculates Romo is waiting for Flacco deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    This is exactly what is going to happen. They are going to ride Romo without developing someone to take his place. Its just how Jerry does things. They will try and find a future QB in the later rounds but that usually doesn't work out. There was a poll on one of the sports sites about whether or not Romo should be extended and over 70% voted no. I know polls are meaningless but the general NFL fan doesn't trust him at all and I'm beginning to fall in that category and I like Romo. People say this team wouldn't win 5 games without him and I really question that statement. In fact, I don't believe it at all......
  2. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Romo is better then all of those guys that have just come into the league and he is way better than Eli as well. Romo is right in the 5-8 range imo and if he had a friggin team around him he would be right in Brees range, maybe a little below but not much.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    He is better than all those guys and finds himself home every year watching the playoffs

Please stop posting
  4. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

854 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I told you guys Romo want going to take a "home team discount".. his agent will see to that.. now lets see how much money JJ is gong to pony up.
  5. weaver21

weaver21 Member

633 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    What's your plan then genius? Replace Romo with a rookie quarterback like Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray?

:laugh2:

Romo will be laughing his butt off when he's traded and see's how bad this team will become without a quarterback. I seriously can't wait when he leaves and we become a consistent 5-11 team and have to endure another 5-6 years of failure. It's gonna be hilarious to see guys like you and ufcrules, clove come to the realization how important Romo was to this franchise and that we wouldn't even be relevant without him.

Sure the guy hasn't done crap in the post-season, but like I said before, Romo is the only reason we're even a decent team anymore and it's sad some of you can't see it. It's hilarious to see how some guys actually believe guys like Luck, RG3 and Wilson would lead this team to the playoffs. It truly is.
  6. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    It may be a mistake for Romo. Flacco may have a SB ring but his numbers are pedestrian compared to the top QBs in the league.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

2 year extension with the option of a 3rd year. At this point he has not shown he can play MONEY BALL and should be only given 2 more years to get this team atleast a NFC championship appearance.

If he doesn't, then it's good bye
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Flacco had shown he can rise to the ocasion in the postseason:bang2:
  9. weaver21

weaver21 Member

633 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Flacco is gonna get paid. He just won the damn Super Bowl and you could argue he's the main reason they won it too. I don't know how much Flacco will get, but I can guarantee he's gonna be a very rich man when it happens.
  10. Zimmy Lives

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Really? I thought his team did? Keep banging away, bra.
  11. Zimmy Lives

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    You can? Can you tell me who to bet on for the next SB?
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Never happen...

Let's be realistic here. With the salary cap, he's not going to get less than a 4-yr deal with the first three used to carry the bonus..

And you're not going to like the numbers he gets regardless of the amount. Sio might as well wrap your head around Romo getting some silly money and continue to QB your fav football team for the foreseeable future.
  13. weaver21

weaver21 Member

633 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    No need to be a smart aleck. You honestly don't believe Flacco is gonna get paid a big deal? Look at what Matt Schuab was paid and Flacco is a lot better than him.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    The numbers being tossed around for Flacco is Brees money. 100 mil easy.
  15. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

854 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    what is up wth the Flacco hate... do you guys actually think Romo can play at that level through the whole playoff ???

well we will never know because we never make it there :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
  16. Zimmy Lives

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    No offense meant. Just saying he'll get what the market dictates whether he deserves it or not. If Romo wants Flacco money then he's depreciating his own value. I think he is worth more.
  17. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Fans opinion of Romo vary quiet a bit. I don't get mad at someone who doesn't think he's good enough to lead the Cowboys to the SB. After all, he has made some terrible decisions at critical moments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and when debating Romo's capabilities both sides have alot of ammo to try and prove their point. He's probably the most debated player in the league. I think both sides have a point. He definitely needs to play better in big games and you can't blame the line every time either. He puts up numbers that you can't ignore and makes amazing plays so making a switch really doesn't make sense because its unlikely you'll find anyone better in the next few years. I can't say how Luck or Wilson would do in Dallas because it would just be guessing. I do think Romo needs better playcalling to put him in better situations. Its like Garrett is scared of Romo in some games and in others he puts too much on him. I do think the team needs to spend a high draft pick on a QB in the next couple of years though.....
  18. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,977 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    So you think Romo could have turned around the 2-14 Colts to a playoff team? I don't think so.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,977 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    Yeah, and the Colts were in the AFC south in 2011 too when they were 2-14, what changed? How about they got a HIGH quality QB that lead them to the playoffs. Not just any QB but a really good QB. First year in the league and he takes his 2-14 team to the playoffs.. let's not down play that.

The Redskins were horrible in 2011 and most of the team sucked in 2012 too. I have news for you, RG3 and the running game made that team a lot better. Half the season he didn't even have a decent WR to throw to. Garcon was always hurt and who else did he have? An over the hill 33 year old Moss? Teams had to start respecting RG3's arm and the pistol offense. They didn't know if it was him or Morris who had the ball half the time. Don't think RG3 didn't help with making Morris stand out as much as he did. Basically their only offense was RG3 and Morris and even starting 3-6 he still managed to will his team to a division win and they playoffs.

Wilson inherited a weak Seattle team and led them to the playoffs. Sure the defense played well but what changed on that team? They had a true leader at QB who had a strong will to win and was tough for opposing defenses to stop. He played a huge role in elevating his whole team.

Kap is a freaking beast. Sure, he played on a good team, but he would have at least led our team past Washington to make the playoffs. He is way more mobile than Romo and has a much better arm. He was just what San Fran needed to get them over the hump that Smith could not do.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,479 Messages
    6,191 Likes Received
    He absolutely would have.

That was a Colts team that had just completed a 8 year run with 7 division titles, finished 10-6 the year before, and then were QB'd in 2011 by a combination of the retired Kerry Collins and the inimitable Curtis Painter. 2-14 with no QB at all was the anomaly, not the decade before or the first year under Luck.

Also, don't forget, it wasn't just Luck that happened to that team, they also had new management and a new head coach. There were a lot of things at play in Indy this year.