1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ed Werder: Speculates Romo is waiting for Flacco deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,595 Messages
    2,474 Likes Received
    Hypotheticals are not real, realist.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,249 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    Excellent post that is spot on. :bow: You have Jerry pegged too.
  3. ufcrules1

7,249 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    Super bowl? You're expectations are way too high. I would be happy if he could lead our team to a division win and the playoffs.
  4. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,525 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Romo thoroughly outplayed Andrew Luck last season, in every aspect of the game. The Cowboys would have won more than 11 games if they had played the Colts schedule.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    You get enough chances and it can happen. He was pretty much a JAG playoff QB up until this season...and he's had a playoff level team his whole career.
    Before that great three game run, he had as many ints as TDs in the postseason
    Nothing special at all.

You need a larger sample size to break through sometimes. He did this year
  6. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,033 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    I dont think Kap or RG3 are on Romo's level yet, just my opinion. Yes they are young and mobile and may turn out to be better eventually, they arent there yet. RG3 had pedestrian passing numbers. Morris is the one that should be getting all the attention in Washington.

Luck on the other hand, he is going to be a monster.
  7. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,176 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    Yes, let's completely forgo reality here.

Luck had a 76.5 QB rating. He threw 18 picks on 23 touchdowns. Compared to Romo who threw 19 picks on 28 touchdowns. Romo also threw for 600 more yards, 10% more accurate. Romo was better in every way.

Teams change year in and year out. Just because you played a better team in 2011 doesn't mean that same team is as good in 2012. The AFC South was a joke this year, as was the AFC East.

The redskins weren't horrible in 2011, they just couldn't get things done on offense. Their offense stood up a great deal this year.

Wilson also inherited a great defense. As did Kap.

Romo doesn't have any of that.
  8. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    The reason the teams aren't equal, is because Tony is as an inferior quarterback.

Ed Werder is a moron
  9. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Flacco outplayed Brady in the 2011 Championship Game.#NiceJag

Flacco has been knocking on the door of greatness since his rookie year.Tony Romo has failed in every big spot he's been in.
  10. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2:
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,895 Messages
    7,645 Likes Received
    What was funny about a his post?
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,615 Messages
    1,876 Likes Received
    I saw no defense being played in the Super Bowl. League doesn't want good defense, they want great offense, and this is what this league is becoming, so man up or exit stage left.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    It doesnt fit his agenda . . . . . . . .
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    He has no idea what he's talking about.

But if you offered me Luck for Romo , I'd not hesistate to take it.

But in 2012, Romo was >> that Luck. Luck was good for a rookie though.
  15. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,865 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Romo isn't getting paid anywhere near what Flacco's getting paid..
  16. ufcrules1

7,249 Messages
    1,453 Likes Received
    You are trying to focus on stats alone to decide if one QB is better than the other. It simply doesn't work that way. Some QB's are smart enough to do exactly what it takes to win and shine when they need to shine and know how to lead a team. Andrew Luck did just that his ROOKIE year. A previous 2-14 team (In a weak division) turned into a 11-5 team? Luck was by far the biggest reason for that. That guy is a winner and a leader.

The Redskins were horrible in 2011..6-10 is horrible. Were the 2010 Cowboys horrible at 6-10? Yes. You are right about their offense getting a LOT better. Why? Ya think RG3 had something to do with that? He was a tremendous leader right out of the gate that rallied his team each and every game and didn't let them give up when they were 3-6 and his team wanted to give up. Something that Romo is still trying to learn 7 years into the league. Redskins had a 27th ranked defense in 2012, so how the heck did they win the division and make the playoffs?
  17. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,485 Messages
    1,640 Likes Received
    Well this Romo thread derailed as they always do. Why are people surprised Romo is waiting for the flacco deal? The contract Flacco gets raises the value of every franchise QB in the league.
  18. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,208 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Indeed. Rookie QB's shouldn't even be in the conversation. I wonder how many of these same people that are ranking RG3, Wilson, and Luck ahead of Romo also ranked Newton ahead of him after his rookie year. Look at him now.

Anyone who's ranking any of these rookies ahead of vets are simply basing their ranking on what they think these guys might do in the future, which is ridiculous.
  19. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    He has accomplished something,he has earned the nickname TONY TURNOVER. Put him any pressure situation and you can bet there will be 1 or 2 interceptions thrown. Yeah go ahead pay him a boatload, he might get enough incentive to drive this team to a 9 win season. What a freaking joke this has become!!!!
  20. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Member

54 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I find it fascinating how many people still stick behind Tony Romo. Romo is better than Kap, Wilson, Luck, RG3? Romo is probably better than Wilson IMO (in this point in his career). Wilson has had the luxury of playing with a top 3 defense. Well see how RG3 responds to his knee injury as well so I will leave that out. But Kap and Luck? I agree, Luck's stats weren't earth shattering but he has already shown us he has the ability to be clutch and win games, same with Kap. Tony Romo is the most unclutch QB I've ever seen in my life. Does he suck? No. But I can't fathom how some of this fan base can see Tony Romo leading the Cowboys to an NFC Championship game and winning. I would sign him to a very friendly contract upfront with the ability to cut ties after this coming season.