1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eddie Lacy vs Gavin Escobar

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by egn22, Sep 17, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,676 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    There are lot of other things I would have done with that Escobar pick than take Eddie Lacy.
    But I have to admit that I was scratching my head big-time when we took Gavin.

He's a Cowboy now though, so all the best.
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Yep, by now the people who look in the rear view mirror can cherry pick all the good players that came out of the draft. If only our war room had a crystal ball at the time.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,920 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I don't know what is about the Texas and Texas A&M rbs but they are usually undervalued in the draft and go on to have really good careers. But the Cowboys seem to avoid them like the plague.
  4. egn22

egn22 Active Member

815 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    i clearly mentioned pedigree in my opening post. Pedigree doesn't require a crystal ball. By the way, Eddie Lacy is out with a concussion and went into training camp fat. Christine Michael hasn't even had the opportunity to play behind Marshawn Lynch. No one's cherry picking anything. If you don't like my reasoning, go ahead and rip it to shreds, but lets not start jumping to conclusions while completely ignoring the discussion.
    I'm talking about potential and who has the best chance of becoming a significant difference maker on our roster. I know Gavin was the pick and i have to support him, but I questioned the pick on draft day and i'm still scratching my head.
  5. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Lets see how Randle does before we start this talk, draft day I'm not going to lie I was interested in Lacy as out second round pick, but then he came into camp over weight, and had I jury concerns and looks to be hurt right now. I grew to kind of like the Escobar pick especially with Randle as our 5th I think Randle is going to take this job from Murray if he doesn't start finding holes and making some plays.
  6. remdak

remdak Active Member

202 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Except for Stephen McGee.
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,566 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    I still don't like the Escobar pick, but no to Lacy.

He's another Mark Ingram. Not Trent Richardson. That Alabama offensive line has made players look better than they were.
  8. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    That's just an excuse. Jonathan Hankins may turn out to be a bust, but I would have much rather have drafted him instead of Escobar. Warford already appears to be tearing it up, but even back then I would have rather taken a chance on him than a backup TE. Hanna had already shown enough to legitimately challenge for a TE spot. This is coming from someone who loved the Frederick pick from the beginning so I don't blast every decision from the GM. This was a bad pick though plain and simple. Escobar will be a good player, but he did not address a position of need. At least Williams was taken due to Austin always getting hurt, but Witten has been so durable and consistent.
  9. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    52 Likes Received

Youtube Murray and look at how he runs. He does not have breakaway speed, but he makes cuts and takes angles without losing speed. He has great vision and his running style fits the zone blocking scheme perfectly. He has great vision and that is very noticeable.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,402 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    I have Lacey on my fantasy football team. He hasn't done squat. Nothing.

Seems to be a pattern developing about Alabama RBs. Saints Ingram is plain atrocious and will be cut next year. Browns Richardson is so-so at best. And Lacey appears to be a little better than Ingram and not as good as Richardson.

In the end, I think Randle will end up better than Lacey anyway. And I think Randle will be active this week over either Tanner or Dunbar.
  11. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Given our recent drafting record, I'll vote for the best LB left on our draft chart in the 2nd round.
  12. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,468 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Give me Giovanni Bernard
    koolaid likes this.
  13. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I completely agree with this. If there was anyone taken in the second round that could have helped this offense it was giovanni bernard.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I don't really think it has been but I really haven't tried to do the numbers there.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Ding - ding. How do you like your chicken Catch?
  16. ABQCOWBOY

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    I hope that's not true because there are going to be like 4 or 5 of them coming out in the next few years who I believe are going to be really good.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,800 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Is this the weekly Escobar is here rue thread?
  18. ABQCOWBOY

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    McGee wasn't a RB..... sort of.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Yes, and welcome.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member