1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Elam for FS?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lockster, Sep 12, 2006.

1. lockster

lockster Member

647 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this boy can run a 4.3 and intercepts the ball in practice, shouldn't he be a serious candidate for the job? Also, does anyone know Rector's 40 time? By the way, I would think batiste would be a certainty at guard after he learns the offense because he seems to have size and hustle, by my observations, and no way is anyone going to bull rush that dude.
  2. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Speed (as in Elam's case) and size (Batiste) are only factors - they don't guarantee anything.

Neither does practice performance, which, by the way, our starting FS (Watkins) got plenty of praise for his practice performances as well. How can we rate the praise Elam gets over that of Watkins ...... ?

Instincts, footwork, knowledge, intellegence, experience, maturity level and other factors (as well as speed and strength) all help determine who will play, and ultimately who will succeed.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Watkins will be a better cover safety. With Roy manning the Strong Safety, I will stick with Watkins for now.
  4. Tennione72

Tennione72 Member

825 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I think Keith Davis should start but Watkins should be situational for now
  5. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,181 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter who is at safety........if we get no pass ruch, the QB will pick them apart all day long.