1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Election Hypothetical

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by masomenos, Sep 23, 2008.

1. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Say the candidates were switched around a bit and we had a McCain/Biden ticket running against an Obama/Palin ticket. Would you vote for experience and strong foreign policy credentials or for the fresh faces out to shake up Washington?
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,613 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    Same answer I would give now with the current line up...Neither.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

63,613 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    One other thing of note. Obama and McCain was pretty much screwed one way or the other with whoever they went with.

If Obama picked someone young and inexperienced to go with his change and not the normal inside politician image...he would have still been ripped because of the exp issue.
    He went with someone who did have exp but is also a career politician so he gets ripped because of not getting someone who was not an insider.

McCain would have gotten ripped if he picked someone older because he is already old and he has his self described Maverick label. Plus if he would have picked one of the two guys he wanted he would have been killed by his own base.

So he picks someone younger and not an insider and gets ripped because of their lack of foreign exp.

So...both were going to get ripped no matter which way they went.
  4. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,393 Messages
    2,350 Likes Received
    that's what gets so frustrating to me. we can't listen to the other side, we have to discredit it and somehow make ours more credible in the process. it's the job of one side to rip the other and i'm just tired of it all.

very smart people on both sides. put blindfolds on and work on the problems, not the perception.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

63,613 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    If you went that route than Biden would be the better candidate from an EXP in foreign policy department and how washington works.

I still say that the only reason McCain chose Palin is because Obama did not choose Hillary and he could not choose who he wanted.

That is not a rip on Palin...but I really do think it is the case of she was chosen not on who the Presidential candidate wanted, she was chosen dictated on what his campaign, base and Obama's decision.

You know what kind of sucks here?

We have the chance to vote for who we want to be the presidential nominee, we don't get to vote for who we want to be the Vice President nominee.