1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Elf & Slater: WR Coach Dooley talks Dez, Terrance Williams, other receivers...w/audio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 8, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,944 Likes Received
    By SPORTSDAYDFW.COM SPORTSDAYDFW.COM The Dallas Morning News
    Published: 07 June 2013 08:19 PM
    Updated: 07 June 2013 08:19 PM

Dallas Cowboys receivers coach Derek Dooley joined the Elf & slater Show on 105.3 FM earlier this week. Here are some highlights from the interview.

On working with Dez Bryant:
    “Those guys are fun to watch, when you just say, ‘Go down there about 12 yards and do that thing you do. I can’t really understand it or describe it, but it works and you’re good at it.’ So he’s been fun and, yeah, he’s causing a lot of problems on the defense. What we’ve got to do now is make sure that we continue to build his repertoire so to speak, because what we don’t want to do is just have him in one place all the time. I think that’s been a little bit of the case in the past as you’re learning the system. I think he’s getting more and more comfortable with the system, that allows us to use him in a lot more different ways and hopefully create more problems for the defense.”

On Terrance Williams:
    “He’s starting to make a lot of plays in practice, which is what we saw in the college film. It’s hard. These rookies are coming in, he’s hearing a language he’s never spoke. It’s like learning Japanese, right now. He used to get a signal and he ran a route. Now he’s got to hear a play, he’s got to lineup right, we’re moving him all over the place, and then oh, by the way, go run a route against Morris Claiborne and get open. There’s a lot to it. Each day, what I’m proud of, he’s getting a little bit better. He’s still got a long way to go. It’s a journey in the National Football League, especially at wide out, but I’m really proud of how he’s progressing.”

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-way-to-go-but-he-s-progressing-every-day.ece

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE FULL INTERVIEW
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Good stuff on TW.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Great post, thanks!
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Terrence Williams is a Playmaker and HAS to see the field, that guy "just scores Touch Downs."
  5. lcharles

lcharles Negativity King

1,799 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm a Tennessee Vols fan also and somehow I do not feel confident In Derek Doolys ability to help our team. he's a good guy though.

Red really likes him though and the one bright spot at Tennessee while he was here was the WR's so maybe my fears are unfounded.

:nervous:
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,529 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I think Williams is going to be a beast. I still think he was easily our best pick.