1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Eli Manning

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sureletsrace, Aug 24, 2013.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,269 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    I will share in the joy of his misery with you.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  2. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Waiting for 6

1,006 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Oh, but I thought you couldn't spell Elite without Eli. Lol,screw the giants and overrated eli.
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

7,199 Messages
    2,801 Likes Received
    He beat the Cowboys (13-3) in Dallas, Green Bay (13-3) at Lambeau, and New England (16-0) in the Superbowl. It was an incredible run -- especially considering the QBs of those teams - Romo, Favre, and Brady.
  4. ClarenceDarrow

ClarenceDarrow Member

44 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    One of my favorite things in life is watching Ware sack Eli. Good thing it happens pretty often.
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  5. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,901 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I thought ragging on Eli would have ended after the first superbowl win and MVP, it didnt. Then he did it again and people STILL talk bad about him. Sorry people but if this were Romo we would not give a damn what anyone else said, or what he did for the rest if his career he would be our guy and we would defend him like he was our child. Call Eli what you will but put Super Bowl winner and MVP after it. Luck my behind, you might win one on luck two is skill, sorry, you can get mad, sad, or glad but he was good enough to get through the playoffs to the bowl and flourish. WOW! We were 13-3 and still lost, injured player? Green Bay won with a patchwork line. Lets just let others enjoy their wins so we can enjoy ours, whenever that happens again, and if someone says its luck... I'll tell them I don't care, talk to the hand.
    Califan007 likes this.
  6. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    News flash, people already do defend him like he's their child.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,595 Messages
    4,232 Likes Received
    Sure hope Eli sucks in week one.
    As for the other stuff, I'll pass on that topic tonight.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,781 Messages
    11,227 Likes Received
    You can't spell 'belittle' without E-L-I, either.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,781 Messages
    11,227 Likes Received
    The hate is supposed to be strong. And we all wish Romo's teams had two Superbowl wins.
  10. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,270 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    You're correct. But when they call Eli elite and he is inconsistent as hell and they slammed our QB, it bothers me. He's not Elite! He went 4 games last year without throwing a TD. How is that Elite?
  11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

2,123 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    Eli is the top player on my list of guys I absolutely can't stand. I mean I want to puke every time I see or hear him. But I'm also a realist and try to be fair and objective. He's been The definition of Mt. Clutch most of his career. He has more rings than his brother and Romo combined. He's elite because he has more fourth quarter comebacks than anyone, even the great Tom Brady. Another reason is because there are only ten QB's in the history of football that have lead their team to multiple championship seasons, as much as it pains me to say it, He's one of them. I like Romo more, he's my guy, but as of right now Eli is better and for sure elite. And just for grins, I hate that term Elite!!!
  12. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,461 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    I'd take a lucky win just to get into the playoffs this year.
    coult44 likes this.
  13. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,284 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    I don't know why Eli gets so much hate. I mean people call him lucky but you have to have a bit of luck in this game as well. I have nothing but respect for Eli. Only thing I don't like was when he wrote what he wrote when the stadium first opened. Other then that I always thought he was a class act.
    Now I can't stand the Niners QB Resskins QB the Eagles QB Chargers QB. As I think they are so overrated and full of themselves.
  14. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

3,454 Messages
    1,358 Likes Received
    Eli turns it on when it counts OP, he is the anti-Peyton. Don't worry about him now or in week 1...come December...
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

43,022 Messages
    2,541 Likes Received

unbelieveable. The first SB win was ALL on the D. What about the drop by Assante? The helmet catch was a total fluke; he threw up a prayer and it landed. If you are unable to realize that he has had an INCREDIBLE run of luck then you frankly belong on ignore.
  16. burmafrd

43,022 Messages
    2,541 Likes Received

yes you can discount Luck which is why the first SB win NO ONE should give him at all.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,461 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    yeah, we never got lucky in a Super Bowl
    [IMG]
    CowboyStar88 and Gameover like this.
  18. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,822 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    What did Aikman do after he won his third?
  19. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,270 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Was he as inconsistent as Eli?
  20. burmafrd

43,022 Messages
    2,541 Likes Received

there is luck then there is the helmet catch and Assante dropping a pick right in his hands. Sorry you cannot tell the difference