1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Eli Manning

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Nav22, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,822 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    He also leads Romo in other areas.

I anticipated an Eli thread tonight.

Bottom line: Eli is streaky great. He's made big plays when big plays needed to be made. If he fluked his way to his first chip , then so did Tom Brady and Big Ben(who has never had an oline)
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

13,969 Messages
    1,544 Likes Received
    He has 2 rings...so we can laugh all we want.

Why do we do this after a rival has a bad game. If people think Eli is the best QB, they will continue to do so.
    Zordon likes this.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

8,111 Messages
    3,161 Likes Received
    Who's that in your sig? Very beautiful woman :cool:
    DuceizBak likes this.
  4. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

449 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Same thing i'm asking...
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    we need mya back breh. im not feeling this new one.
    Frozen700 likes this.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,966 Messages
    2,880 Likes Received
    There's absolutely zero chance that Eli makes the hall of fame. Zero. LOL at someone even suggesting it.
  7. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,416 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    He's over-rated, sulky, hateful and lucky. He's streaky and terrible for long stretches. But he had 2 long strings of playoff magic culminating in 2 Superbowl MVP victories, and I think that alone gets him in. A 2x Superbowl MVP HOF snub would be unprecedented.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,948 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    I think the two rings speak for themselves. Cowboy fans may not like him, but he has the kinda hardware that that counts.
  9. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,702 Messages
    4,265 Likes Received
    Streaky great lol that's a new one.

Rings or no the guy stinks now and no one in their right mind would take him over Romo going forward.

One guy keeps plugging away to get better while the other a child of football privilege pouts because just chucking the ball up isn't working anymore
  10. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

3,022 Messages
    1,744 Likes Received
    He's led the league twice INTs and on his way again. I think people who know understand he was very fortunate in some crucial situations. Just my opinion and you might be right but I don't see it.
  11. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,087 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Roethlisberger absolutely was carried to his first championship, it's not even disputable. Eli at least had some good games in those runs, the thing was people tend to ignore all of the great performances by their defenses those two years. They absolutely carried him, even if it wasn't to the same extent as the Steelers first run last decade.

I mean heck, in their second run they held the Falcons to 2, the Packers to 20, and the 49ers and Patriots to 17 each. Eli only had to pass a lot against the 49ers and nearly coughed that one up, just as he did against Green Bay during his first run.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,822 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I wish our QB was so lucky.
    DFWJC likes this.
  13. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,087 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    You and me both, but he isn't.
    Gameover likes this.
  14. Doomsay

6,416 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    It really comes down to whether they'd keep a 2x Superbowl MVP QB out of the hall. There are only 6 people ahead of Eli in career TD's that haven't made or aren't locks to make the HOF, and although his passer rating is in the low 80's, there are almost 20 other HOF QB's with lower career ratings than him.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

10,661 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    I don't really have one myself, but I must admit that I'm so much enjoying Eli and the Giants' fall this year, mostly because I didn't care for the talk about Eli being elite and I don't like the Giants.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,346 Messages
    4,059 Likes Received
    In the after game show, some of these guys are falling all over themselves to dilute what Eli has done so far. One guy even said that he's not really known as a gun slinger or a big pick guy. Lol. Luckily the host said, "well, Eli does have more Ints than any other player in the last 5 years".
    Lol again
    They then changed the subject.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Nav22 likes this.
  17. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Waiting for 6

1,001 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    Eli Manning's nick name should change from Eazy E to Eazy INT.
  18. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

3,036 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    yep this is about eli not the team. Eli should give wrap his two rings and give them to asante samuel for dropping that easy pick six and that dude that caught that pass with his facemask.Those other guys were great now we see what happens when they are gone .No more rings . No more helmet catch.
  19. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

3,036 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    eli is the fastest qb to 15 picks in a season since 1986 :)
    ehcrossing likes this.
  20. Doomsay

6,416 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to the local radio tomorrow. they've been marginally defending Eli .... no running game, no protection. But I think the press and fans are really going to start turning on him, which will be fun.