1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Emmitt Smith on the Dan Patrick Show (AUDIO)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ravidubey, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    It's supposed to be one in the next hour; if anyone can post a recap it would be appreciated.

Recap by Q_the_man:
    • Emmitt said they were slapping rocks and he gives TO the benefit of a doubt and thinks TO has change
    • TO is a talent, now that he is a Cowboys he will win 4 games for us. Cowboys fans will get behind him once he makes plays and Cowboys fans will get over the star incident..
    • With TG and Witten u now have Irvin, Harper and Novachek again, all the pressure will fall from the QB and OL position, if we get time it should be good...
    • Asked Emmitt can he get 60 yards a game he said no but he could by training camp.lol..
    • ask way he coming back said no, they said barry coming back to break record he laughed and said he could have it...
    • A Cowboys fans said if it means Cowboys winning the super and having TO on team he would not like it, Dumbarse fan their....
    • Also said TO is breaking up families,
    • One said this is the lowest signing of the Jerry Jones era....
    some people................need a kick up the butt

Various others:
    • he said he saw TO like 2 months ago and that TO seemed more mature than he used to
    • Dan Patrick's a sound-bite antagonizer. I guess that's why he's doing what he's doing.

Emmitt was being professional through the whole interview and then Patrick tries to rile him up by asking if it "bothers" him that people have an asterisk next to his rushing title.

It riled me up...for sure.
    • He also said that he was the one meant to have the rushing record and that if anyone else was meant to have it, then they would.
  2. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    emmitt is god!
    dam i miss the good ol days...:(
  3. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I'm waiting for it right now.
  4. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was Emmitt and Teague who "defended the star". In that game Emmitt scored a TD, ran to mid-field onto the star, took a knee and forcefully slammed the ball onto the carpet. Jerry Jones then had his marketing deprtment create an Emmitt Smith "defend the Star" bobblehead doll. And I bought one. :D

So you see, even from back then Jones was making money off of TO and he must have signed him because he figured "If I can make money off the guy without him being a Cowboy, immagine what I could make with him in a Cowboys uni"? :)

AF
  5. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,025 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Boy I hope Emmitt simply says no comment. Or he will get ripped for not wanting TO here. This should get interesting.
  6. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're not kidding! There won't be a day goes by, once TC starts, that there won't be some sort of column about TO.

And even tho the TV schedule hasn't been announced yet, we can all already guess that the Boys will get the maximum number of Monday nite, Sunday nite, Thursday nite, & 4pm games allowed to a team. Doesn't matter if we go 0-16--every network out there is gonna want their full allotment of TO-BP.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    He will definitely make some money back on his lost revenue sharing from the new cba... ;)
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,237 Messages
    567 Likes Received

Bingo!

I've been saying this from Day One.

Jerry Jones didn't get rich being stupid. :D
  9. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,658 Messages
    8 Likes Received

you got that right! The boys will be on the max # of times this season!

I was walking down the hall at the office the other day and the anti-Cowboy fans are already talking up the TO-BP fued......
  10. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,819 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I actually thought Emmitt was for us getting TO? The local news in San Antonio played a teaser of him talking the other day, and I could have sworn I heard, "I want us to bring him here."
  11. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Great! I have a t-shirt with Emmitt defending the star!
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Crap... they are teasing it... up in 40 minutes... :rolleyes:
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,512 Messages
    4,750 Likes Received
    If so, that will blow quite a few people away. Particularly those who are hanging on every word George Teague has said and have raised him to the heavens.
  14. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    has Emmitt been on yet?
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2: It could get ugly
  16. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    just go to espnradio.com and click listen next to dan patrick and wait
  17. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,512 Messages
    4,750 Likes Received
    Nobody will rip the Diamond.
  18. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    20 minutes untill emmitt joins the show ....
  19. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    emmitt will be on in 20 minutes.....forget it dallasdomination got it
  20. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is there an internet stream?