1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Emmitt Smith Record In Jeopardy

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by DeathToTheSkinS, Dec 5, 2005.

1. DeathToTheSkinS

DeathToTheSkinS New Member

341 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Most TDs in 5 year span
    1992-1995 Emmitt Smith 91
    2001-2005 Shaun Alexander 90

Just A note
  2. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Seachickens have no other offensive weapons, they have no choice other than to hand it off to Alexander.

We could have had Alexander, it was one of our 1st round picks traded for Galloway that allowed the Hawks to get Alexander. He's a great back and the only record that really matters is the one that no one will catch, the all time rushing record.
  3. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    so what. Records were made to be broken. Hows Alexander coming along on that all time rushing record. The only one RBs care about.
  4. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,561 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Edgerrin James seems to be working on that one. 3rd fastest to 9000 yards. I'm not saying he's going to break it, but he has a shot.
  5. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Emmitt's best records are Most All-Time Rushing Yards and Most All-Time Rushing TDs.. and I think those will be safe for a very long time..
  6. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,341 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    Just makes them great players.
  7. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're right, James does have a shot at it. It will come down to durability. I can easily see him reaching 1600 yards this season and no less than 1300 yards the next 3 years (barring injury of course). That will give him just over 13,200 yards with 10 years of NFL experience and he will be 30 years old. He will also be just short of Emmitt's 10 year run, Emmitt had over 13,900 yards in his first 10 years. EJ will still need over 5000 yards and will be on the wrong side of 30. Look at Curtis Martin and the season he had last year and the season he is having this year. It's a proven fact that after 30 RBs start to encounter lots of injury problems.

I don't see EJ doing it, but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibilities.
  8. rgcowboys

rgcowboys Member

409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think there are too many records and this is one of them. Most Td in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and etc years. Keep record for 1 year and career is the most important.
  9. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks to me like Shaun has an extra year.....
  10. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    You know when you face the likes of Cardinals, 49ers, and the Rams every year, you will get that many TD

(17 TD's against 49er's, Cardinals, Rams(twice), and the texans)