1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

End the "exclusively 3-4" talk now!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JeffInDC, Jul 29, 2005.

1. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen NFL Total Access today, but, in case you missed it, Parcells specifically says "he has NOT said that the defense is exclusively a 3-4 set up". He also said "a smart coach does not limit what his players can do by putting them in a scheme that they don't fit" (couldn't write this verbatim, but that's what I got from the message). This could get pretty interesting folks.
  2. 31hammer

31hammer Benched

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

We will be the same as the patriots last year. We will switch back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3. We will keep them guessing Essentially dictating to the offenses rather then having them dictate to them
  3. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think most here agree that we will not be exclusively anything. Several proclaimed that our base D will be 3-4, but I don't think anyone said that is all we will play (maybe I missed something though).
  4. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He also said he was pretty serious about giving this 3-4 a try. Parcells is a master at not saying much. If you read into it that 3-4 is not exclusive, then that's you, b/c Parcells left the door open to run the 4-3, the 3-4 or both. He really did not tip his hand.
  5. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,826 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Wimbo i'm glad you said most, cause some here doesnt think about
  6. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    AMEN

I predicted a 3-4 with 4-3 looks. Never advocated a 3-4 exclusive. Bellicheck and Pats are in and out of 3-4 and 4-3 since

Bill is on track to getting us square!
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Bingo - I agree 100%
  8. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,826 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    well he did say that we will run some 4-3

he never said EXCLUSIVELY
  10. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like this post the best.
  11. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,826 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    You 4-3 homers are in denial

Zimmer spent all offseason working 3-4
    Many players have said its 3-4 (Ferguson of recent)
    We drafted 3-4 type players
    Jones said 3-4 this week actually

Parcells is a 3-4 coach and pissed off with defensive 4-3 suckage last year.

See Ellis tirade as further proof. And it wasn't a *** coach ELLIS RANT OF WHAT IS MY ROLE IN THE 4-3 THIS YEAR.!

3-4 move is in place and happening. What has the Ellis 4-3 ever really done for us? Glover will be a
  12. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just wondering how many times we need a new 34 thread going?
  13. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,826 Messages
    191 Likes Received

two years after we get back to the 4-3, and BP is retired never coming back :D:D
  14. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree...this is coming from a guy who really wanted to have the 3-4 this year....I'm more happy about the flexibility we have to do what ever we need to to rush the passer. At this point I don't care what we run most of the time as long as we are stuffing the run and causing turn overs...that's what I want.
  15. Merlin

Merlin Member

380 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Who said that the Boys would run the 3-4 exclusively. I heard many say that it would be the base defense. I am of that opinion also but most people even the strongest advocates said that there would be other looks as well. There has to be some 4-3 with Glover and Ellis still out there. That is what makes this defense exciting is the mix of looks you can throw at teams if you have the personnel. This is the first year that we have had that kind of personnel and that is depending on the rookies heavily. Ware is the key. If he turns out to be special, then watch out. Spears will be solid IMO, Burnett too, Canty will make teams regret not taking him earlier.
  16. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as we are winning I don't care heck we can run goal line 24/7 for all I care if we are winning.
  17. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,826 Messages
    191 Likes Received

I love doing that on madden, like when they come out two WR, boy i be causing havioc, but of course i doubt that will work in the NFL
  18. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,222 Messages
    6,204 Likes Received
    For the umpteenth time; we will play multiple fronts. What ever is working best at the time will get the nod. It's too early to predict what we will play the most of. Geez Louise Nors you have a one track mind.
  19. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,703 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    you nailed it..perhaps the trajectory is a 3-4 base but multiple looks is what it is gonna be based on BP own statements in the press conference!!
  20. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I think the reason most people started thinking that the Boyz would go exclusively 3-4 is the circumstantial evidence we've seen. The biggest evidence being: Why would Glover and Ellis be so upset if the 4-3 is a significant part of the defense? Exclusive or not, it seems that we are going to see a base 3-4.