1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eric Berry to visit the Redskins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 30, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Eric Berry to visit the Redskins
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2010 12:03 PM ET
    Draft boards around the NFL are still being configured and reconfigured, but the general consensus is that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford will be the top pick, and defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy are next.

After those three, Tennessee safety Eric Berry may be the No. 4 prospect, so it's no surprise that the team with the No. 4 overall pick is showing some interest.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that Berry is scheduled to visit the Redskins beginning Wednesday night and extending to Thursday at Redskins Park.

In an interesting twist to his report, Reid suggests that the Redskins really covet Bradford -- so much that they may even be thinking of drafting Berry as "part of something bigger to acquire the rights to Bradford." Reid doesn't offer any details on how that "something bigger" would transpire, but it's certainly not unprecedented for the first overall pick and the fourth overall pick to be traded after they're drafted -- that's exactly what happened in 2004 after the Chargers drafted Eli Manning and then traded him to the Giants for Philip Rivers.

Of course, it's also possible that the Redskins just want to visit with Berry because drafting him could improve their secondary.
  2. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would hate it if Berry went to Washington.

But it would finally shut them up over exagerating how "great" Sean Taylor was.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    Just my suggestion or opinion for the skins.

IF you don't package players/picks to get Bradford.

You are better off trading down a few spots and picking up some more picks or just stay where you are at and draft Okung to replace Samuels for the long term.

But that is just me.
  4. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,253 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    So basically, all options lol

Its pretty obvious the priority order

1) Bradford

2) top o-lineman (Okung will be gone to Detroit)

3) Trade down

The mystery is what the FO thinks of Clausen. I don't see us taking Berry, its just part of the due diligence of the number 4 pick in taking a look at a top prospect like him
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    Reverse the order and that is spot on...at least my opinion of what they should do.
  6. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For the love of Tennessee, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,139 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    This is how the top five should go if teams were smart:

1. Rams - Bradford
    2. Lions - Okung
    3. Bucs - Suh
    4. Skins - Clausen
    5. Chiefs - Berry

McCoy is the obvious omission here, but if he doesn't go top three, pencil him to the Hawks.
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,139 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Skins have to do something. The fanbase is screaming for changes. With a new regime in town, it's time to rebuild at the QB spot with Campbell's successor.

Him or Okung would make the most sense - Detroit could very well skip Okung which would be a huge mistake IMO.
  10. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I would rather Berry go there than have a legitimate QB like Bradford go there.

Someone like Clausen going there would make my day. O/U on days until someone punches Clausen in his oddly shaped head?
  11. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think the fanbase is screaming for much. We're pretty happy that Vinny is gone and Shanahan and Allen are taking a more normal approach to the offseason. Personally, I'd hate it if we drafted Clausen.