1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Erin Andrews replacing Pam Oliver on Fox #1 NFL team

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 14, 2014.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    I disagree. Before halftime I often wonder if the coach of the losing team thinks his team needs to play and execute better, hold on to the ball, and not make mistakes that beat themselves. Conversely, I wonder if the winning coach is emphasizing continued execution, balance or if he will take a knee for every possession in the next 2 quarters

Im frozen to I ponder these things. When I get nuggets of insight like that, I feel Im free to get another round.
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Here's a ranking (2012) of the 20 sexist female sports reporters according to Bleacher Report. Even their ranking of sexy female reporters don't make any sense. Click through the names from 20 to 1. They had Erin Andrews at #11 ranked one spot higher than Meline Collins. I had to laugh because below is the pic they used of Erin Andrews. LOL I couldn't find a worse pic of her anywhere online. If you're going to do a ranking of sexy female reporters at least use a good picture of them. :rolleyes:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1033610-the-20-sexiest-sports-reporters-of-2012

[IMG]
  3. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    The reporter I think is super pretty...I cant get her name, but she is blonde and has dimples. She seems sweet and is married to a quarterback, who isnt very good, but sorta cute. Gahh I cant get his name either. Help! what a fail.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    High Five. Low Five. Mid five. I think shes prettier than Erin Andrews.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    I guess this is something that varies from person to person. For my part, I wouldn't distinguish between the perspective of a woman who's never played the game and a man who's never played the game. I'd take them equally seriously. Just like a male sideline reporter doing puff-updates isn't going to win any points from me for his insight. If they know what they're talking about, it doesn't matter what gender they've got. If they don't, I'm not interested, anyway.
  7. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,655 Messages
    1,442 Likes Received
    There are definitely qualified women but can't see that really happening for a couple of generations (even then). I know a couple of football nerds who are women, some on this board, who would put a causal male "fan" to shame. I really don't how/when women would be accepted in the booth tbh but am sure a network will try it eventually. They should give it a real try if they go ahead with it and not try to please everyone. Put a football nerd in there.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    It does vary but most of the men who haven't played the game at least professionally are trained broadcasters/play by play commentators who've covered a number of different sports over a period of a lot of years from NHL, boxing, baseball and tennis. There's a respect factor with them. The commentators you see doing play by play in the booth have a wealth of experience and most are well past 40. Some get assigned to cover many big sporting events just look at the careers of Al Michaels and Pat Summerall. Joe Buck has done play by play for the SB and World Series. Women haven't been afforded the same opportunity covering sports that men have especially sports played by men. A female is not going to be accepted in the booth doing NFL play by play on Sundays or having a role where they're giving an opinion on who should be the starting QB for a particular team or questioning the approach of someone who played or coached the game. It simply isn't going to work.

Lindsay Rhodes and Amber Theoharis on NFLN occasionally give an opinion but they allow the former players, coaches and GM's to take over and debate whatever topic it is. Theses attractive females we're seeing reporting on the game are intelligent, very well educated women who are being given a role where they can be accepted on the field and in the locker room. There's male reporters who have the same role and that's reporting on the game and interviewing players. They're not qualified to question a certain scheme a team is using or how a player is being used within that scheme. Even they have to be careful with their line of questioning of a player or a coach or they'll end up pissing them off. Willie McGinest can get away with a certain line of questioning that an Albert Breer or an Ian Rapoport can't because Willie is a well respected former NFL player. You can't have anyone being overly opinionated or critical of a team or a player unless they're very well respected in broadcasting or they played the game.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,735 Likes Received
    You do a disservice to what a real journalist's skillset is and what duties they're supposed to perform.
  10. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Well, now, let me be clear: I don't think sideline reporters are using their entire journalistic skill sets. I think the duties they're asked to perform are very limited. And I suspect only talented journalists even get the opportunity in the first place.

But, yeah, I don't think what sideline reporters of either gender do during a broadcast is difficult or all that important compared to calling a game or hosting a show in studio.
    BigStar and WoodysGirl like this.
  11. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Like Eric Dickerson?
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  12. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'm with Phoenix. Kristi Scales is the best. It helps that I don't know what she looks like.

If someone were to play me in a movie, I'd want Goose or Dennis Franz to get the part.
    BigStar, Phoenix and WoodysGirl like this.
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,785 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    Pam Oliver has had a nice run, and I appreciate her work. But, in the television business, women just don't hang around as long as men.
    Farewell, Pam. You did us proud. :)
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,879 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Blindly jumping to the end of this 200 reply thread.

Tough call on the on the issue that's made it blow up. My guess is female body evaluation things .
  15. MarionBarberThe4th

11,879 Messages
    85 Likes Received

Hey we have a kristie here who'd be a good sideline reporter.
    Phoenix likes this.
  16. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    page not found. shes no longer on nflam, she is a pretty woman. the new girl is drop dead gorgeous
  17. Idgit

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Woah. You're right. The replacement is really pretty, I agree.
  18. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    those hours suck for those hosts, three a.m pacific, probly get there at two. think thats part why she left having small kids
  19. MarionBarberThe4th

11,879 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    McLovin likes this.
  20. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Beth Mowins and Pam Ward have done play by play for ESPN on college football games.
    Idgit likes this.