1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ernie Sims

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rbr651, Jan 9, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,736 Messages
    3,473 Likes Received
    This.^

I have reviewed all of Sims plays from this season. He was really good under the circumstances. He was better against the run than I expected and very good in coverage.

Regardless, of 4-3 or 3-4, they should try to re-sign him to a reasonable contract; although, they might offer more if they really switch to a 4-3.
  2. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Guys he was terrible . What were you guys watching ? Alex Albright is better . If we go 4-3 we are drafting another LB . There is no way the team would feel comfortable with sims as a starter week 1 . He was so bad the 1-15 colts cut him .
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Why not just start Albright and spend the draft pick somewhere else? I'd rather a stud lineman (O or D) than another high pick on a LBer. Maybe later in the draft, like rounds 3 and beyond, but not in the first 2 again.
  4. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,830 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    He really wasn't that bad at all..... he played out of position IMO and did a pretty good job. He isn't going to command a bunch of money. We can probably get a nice cap friendly deal done with him.
  5. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Two-year, four-million-dollar deal; Connor released; Carter, Lee and Sims/Albright as your starters in a 4-3. Wilber and Sims/Albright as your depth players. Simple. Effective. My money would be on Sims to win the starting job over Alex Albright, however.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,736 Messages
    3,473 Likes Received
    When healthy, he played significantly more snaps than Albright or Connor on a game-to-game basis.
  7. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Sign him especially if we go 4-3 he can be one of our backers next too lee and Carter
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received

You wouldn't get the chance to bring him to camp. He would have a contract somewhere. He's an FA and I am telling you, he's not going to be waiting on the streets to get a camp invite.
  9. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Then I gotta pass on the guy. With Carter and Lee coming back, Albright's development and hopefully Wilber's upside...
  10. Pessimist_cowboy

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I agree I'd rather start Albright . I was highly impressed with his speed . In his limited time Albright > sims , Conner etc ..
  11. Pessimist_cowboy

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Ware - Ratliff - Hatcher - Spencer

Carter Lee. Albright

Carr ?????! Church. Claiborne

We are actually in good shape if we move to a 4-3 it makes sense . We just need a better safety . A must better safety .
  12. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    It's pretty much a given that we can't sign Spencer and also sign Romo. I don't think you can realistically pencil in Spencer ar LDE. Also, Ratliff is gone IMO but if by some miracle, he stayed, he would likely play the position you have Hatcher in. Also, I don't think Albright could play LOLB. That guy has to cover a lot. Not sure how good he is in that area.

JMO
  13. Pessimist_cowboy

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Crawford could easily play Spencer's spot . I wouldn't feel comfortable with Albright starting BUT I trust him a lot more than I trust sims .
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received

Both Albright and Wilber are more 34 OLB's. Neither are a good fit as a 43 OLB and would more than likely be DE's in a 43.

Albright is listed at 6-5, 260.

Wilber at 6-4, 245.

They both would lack the movement and coverage skills needed as a 43 OLB, IMO.
  15. Pessimist_cowboy

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I think Wilbur could make a very good 4-3 de . He has a very good straight burst .
  16. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Not there. That OLB covers TEs down the field a lot. That's exactly what Sims does well but to each his own.
  17. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Wilber seems more the size of a 4-3 OLB. Von Miller is only like 6'3" 235.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I agree with this. Both would be better suited to the right side in a 43 if they stuck at LB. That LB rushes more and has less coverage responsibilities but I agree. For sure Albright, he would be a better fit for DE as Ware's backup IMO. Could also be the guy who comes in for Crawford if you decided to move him to DT in obviouse pass rush situations.
  19. Pessimist_cowboy

1,574 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I disagree I don't want a 5"8 LB covering jimmy graham or grankowksi I'd rather have carter or lee doing that job . We need another LB no doubt about it .
  20. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received

Yeah, but Von Miller is spit on a hot skillet quick and Wilbur is not. Wilbur may not fit a 43 at all. IDK.