1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ernie Sims

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rbr651, Jan 9, 2013.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Is there a lot of rotation of the DTs in a 4-3? If so, we should have more than enough on the roster since we needed to fill 3 DT spots in the 3-4, not just 2 in the 4-3.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,979 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received

Agree about needing someone there long term... but I'm not so sure about Ratliff being gone next year. If healthy he could really cause some damage as a 3-tech in a 43. I have thought ever since Dallas drafted him that his best position was a 3-tech in a 43.

You might be right, but he could be a very valuable piece in an attacking 43 scheme, and I don't see the team casting that aside lightly. particularly if he were to restructure to help the team.

I'm not so sure Jerry really holds that against Jay, although I could be wrong about that.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,205 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    He physically threatened the Owner/GM. That's a no-no in any sport. Even if Jerry wanted to look past it, which is probably not wise, the other owners would almost certainly force his hand. The last thing the Owners want is for players to get the idea that they can physically intimidate Management or Ownership. If Jerry lets it slide, then the Union has presidents and the next time it happens, it's much more difficult to deal with.

I think Jerry pretty much has no choice in this deal. That's just my opinion but I think that's how it will work.
  4. JoeyBoy718

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    I don't care about the soap opera drama between him and Jerry... If it doesn't help the cap to cut him, then you might as well keep him and use him. It's a no brainer to me.
  5. JoeyBoy718

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    You think him and Jerry could agree for Rat to make a public apology? Maybe that way they can somewhat clean up his image. I don't know if he apologized or not yet.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

34,205 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    I agree with you, he is perfectly suited to the 3Tech DT spot but this is not about performance or skills.

This is not a football thing.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,979 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received

I agree. Jerry can get the **** over it, as far as I'm concerned.

They need to decide based on performance (when healthy) and money and if he's worth it in 2013. If he is, then it would be crazy to let him go.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

34,205 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    I don't honestly know. That would be a decision that all of the owners would have to buy into. I'm inclined to say no because they tend to come down on the side of Example.

It's possible but I would not bet on it.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

34,205 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received

I'm afraid it's not that easy Asthma. The last time Jerry went against the Ownership, they fined us 10 Million for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
  10. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Albright got playing time cause of injuries too Connor and Sims but I rather have Sims and Albright compete and either can be depth
  11. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,924 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    i'd love John Hankins in round 1. Can anchor v the run and has a very nice first step.
  12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,979 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received

I'm not sure what you're talking about (although I could be going crazy). I'm talking about Jerry being upset with Ratliff for yelling at him and cutting him.
  13. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    The rest of the owners in the NFL will have something to say about this altercation is what he means.
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,979 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received

If we don't resign Spencer and we do move back to a 43 defense, I would let Albright compete for strongside DE. I think he's a good football player.

I think that Tyrone Crawford could play some 43 DE in goaline defense and on sure running downs and move inside on passing plays and Albright could play on passing downs and get a push from that side of the line.
  15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,979 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received

I haven't been following that much college. Tell me about him.
  16. JoeyBoy718

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    We'll be creative. Worst comes to worst we get a veteran traditional 4-3 DE for a fraction of what it would cost to resign Spencer.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

34,205 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    Chase Thomas Stanford OLB/ILB 6'5" 248 lbs. 4.74 (Projected 40) - . Smart, instinctive, productive, plays strong against the run, can pass rush from ILB or OLB, can also cover in space. Excellent sure tackler. Versatile enough to play in or out, allows you to do a lot of things from a scheme perspective. 226 Career Tckls, 145 Solo, 27.5 Sks, 9 FF, 2 INTs, 50 TFL, 4 year starter for Stanford.

He's one of those guys who just sees it before anybody else does. He's a leader, can call defenses, you name it. He's a bigger version of Lee IMO.