1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: ESPN Analyst Louis Riddick on Cowboys 2013 Defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,175 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    His contribution is that he's not repeating "Dallas needs a new QB". That's contribution enough for me :D)
    jobberone and jazzcat22 like this.
  2. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Isn't he in that Pitch Black movie?
    jobberone likes this.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    Sounds like a boxer.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    I feel like Alabama's defense would've performed better than ours last year.

Dallas' D was so historically bad, that I'm sure they Bama couldn't have done much worse.

How do you give up 107 first downs in a game and not force a single punt. Not a single punt. 107 first downs. You'd think that the offense would have a bad possession here or there.

Nope, not against the allas Cowboys.

Unbelievable.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received

and you have been repeatedly wrong. Before his injuries last season he certainly looked like ware of old. And until the injuries mounted in 2012 he was still getting it done.

But hey facts and reality have no ability to hinder agendas.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    Who? I keep up with Cowboys regularly and even I don't know some of those guys. Lol, I might need to pick it up.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,586 Messages
    9,760 Likes Received
    Ware will have one of his usual years in Denver. A dozen sacks at the minimum.
    TheFinisher likes this.
  8. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    How do you define "significant snaps"?
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    He could, but the last two years Ware has injured his shoulder, arm, hamstring, you name it, etc...those are red flags for any player.

I fully believe that Ware's skillset is still elite, however, the gamble of paying him the huge amount of money he was projected to make this yr vs staying healthy was too risky.

You could argue the fact that the Cowboys relied too heavily on him, giving him too many snaps yearly without any sort of legitimate replacement behind him, but I suspect that some fans would have issues with that.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,586 Messages
    9,760 Likes Received
    If this team can waste millions on an irrelevant player like Brandon Carr they can pay Ware.

The only way this was a good decision is if Ware truly is shot physically, which I don't believe to be the case.
    daveferr33 and TheFinisher like this.
  11. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    I don't believe anyone thought that was the case, but the last two years the injuries say otherwise. The evidence is there in the film when he couldn't even beat the tackle, and coordinators started to shift the double team inside instead.

No one wanted to believe that Sean Lee was injury prone coming out of college but reality has set in, a few times. Ware is following that trend two years running.

I hate that we made that decision to let Ware go. Period. I hope he can get a chance at SB through Denver because he deserves it.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    I don't understand his last tweet about the corners vs. Tampa-2...I'm guessing it has to do with the zone coverage and mis-use of their talents last year by Monte.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Their coach will save his snaps for when they matter. Ware was always gassed here by the 4th, he had no depth to spell him ever. Dallas never has depth, thats why your GM says your DL is a "position of strength" and its "one of his best GM years" while you trout out guys from Burger King to play defense. Its like drunken monkeys run the place.
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    jobberone likes this.
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received

I certainly understand what you are saying...but thing's could alway's be wrose, particularly if the same type/level of injuries hit the team again.
  16. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,298 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Before or after he was cut?
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    I've been saying it for 2+ years.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    Same thing goes for all teams. Hopefully, youth will serve the Cowboys well, and the freak injury stuff will leave them alone this season.
    jobberone and jday like this.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    Played a high number of snaps in at least one game for Dallas. All those guys did.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received

yeah we never rested DeWare much; and he still got almost 2/3 of his sacks in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly. Imagine what he could have done if our moronic GM had ever b othered to find some depth so that we could rest him