1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN biased towards Eagles turning their season around instead of Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 7, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    All week long I been hearing on ESPN that the Eagles can still turn their season around because they only play 1 team with a winning record the rest of the season which is true.

BUT............the cowboys also play only one team with a winning record the remainder of the season

eagles....losing record
    browns...losing record
    skins....,losing record
    eagles....losing record
    bengals.....losing record
    steelers......WINNING record
    saints.........losing record
    skins..........losing record

So why is this not being said for the Cowboys when both 3-5 teams have the same type of remaining schedule? Oh I know why, it's because the network once again has confirmed that it's the

Eagles
    Sports
    Programming
    Network

Also, Darren Woodson mentioned the Eagles only play one winning team the rest of the year and then when he read the Cowboys schedule he said they still have the Steelers and continued reading and when he saw the saints he said...."Oh and the Saints are playing much better"

BS!! The Saints the last time I checked has a losing record. I can't believe that a 24 hour sports cable network can be so one-sided
  2. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

659 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I can't believe anyone still watches ESPN unless there is a game or race on one of their networks.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Win consistently. Win often. Beat the team across from them. Have a record that puts them in the top of the league.

And this goes away.

So its importance is measured not by the angst of the fan who respect this team more than casual fans or strangers.

It is measured by the one thing this game is played for.

Winning and winning championships.

Do that and ESPN will fawn over the Cowboys like they always knew they were good.

Do not and this is what you will get.
  4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,815 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    The eagles have finished strong year after year whereas the Cowboys have a track record of doing the opposite, seems reasonable to conclude that could continue
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Quit watching, listening or reading ESPN.

Problem solved.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

Both teams missed the playoffs last year:bang2:
  7. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,573 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Last five games of the season Eagles were 4-1, we were 1-4. They missed the playoffs but they made a push to get in where we fell out.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,183 Messages
    108 Likes Received

The Eagles were not playing for a playoff spot those last 4 games, they were just playing for their jobs and just happened to be alive for a playoff spot because of the Giants collapsing
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,740 Likes Received
    This.
  10. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    The Eagles also play a .500 team. They have six losing teams, a .500 team and a winning team left -- and they play those last two on the road.

We play seven teams that are at least two games under .500 right now, plus one winning team (at home). We have the second-easiest schedule in the NFL from here on out.
  11. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd /thread
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,678 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    I always knew Woodson had it in for Dallas, why would he even mention the Cowboys when that has nothing to do with.....ah feic they just beat the Eagles....
  13. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,964 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Seriously who cares? The only thing Dallas does consistently is fine ways to lose. We lose game after game that we are in position to win. Commit stupid penalties and make errors in the most crucial parts of the game. Until that ends, you can't dubunk anything the media says negatively about us.

If we want them to be positive, change the perception.
  14. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I understand watching just to catch some highlights and stuff but, for the life of me, I don't get why people still get so worked up because of what they say.
  15. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Cowboys will forever suck in their eyes, so who cares. They are just mad that Jerry can spend a Billion without blinking.

Those guys lose 100k, and they are begging for overtime
  16. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,835 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    Because under Reid, they are an excellent second half team, especially December. even after being 4-8, the won thier last 4 games plust went 5-1 in the division.

The boys generally take a second half, especially December swoon, though this year has started early.
  17. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    The only thing that really annoys me about the national media's coverage of the Cowboys...

In the offseason, nobody predicts the Cowboys to do squat. I saw far more "experts" pick the Giants and Eagles to win the division than the Cowboys this offseason.

But then if the Cowboys have a disappointing season, you'll hear them say, "This was supposed to be their year, the year we all thought the Cowboys would get the job done..." as if we fell far short of everyone's predictions.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I Knew It!!!!!11!!!!
  19. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    people say the cowboys only play sucky teams

we are a sucky team, its not bias to say the eagles turn it around because they will

the cowboys wont. No fan in their heart sees the cowboys going on a run and winning games. this team is horrible cut and dry.

yes philly turns it around and we finish 4-12 this team is BAAAADDD
  20. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,436 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    they love to see us fail. it improves their ratings. and they also have a thing for Sal Paolantonio. they can't get enough of that guy. our guy, ed werder doesnt compare to paolantonio. he's just dull.