1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN Blogger Live Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CIWhitefish, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

787 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    There is a live draft going on right now by ESPN bloggers. Dallas "picked" Brockers at 14. KC took DeCastro and New England traded with Seattle to take Barron ahead of Dallas if anyone was curious how it came to Brockers.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,043 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I'm thinking Brockers will be the pick.

I think Philly trades up for Barron.
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,199 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    If that were the case I´d try to trade back.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I think the only hope we have for in regards to a trade back is if Michael Floyd is still on the board.

Cleveland then becomes a prime target. Maybe Cinci, wouldn't that be a pretty good passing offense.
  6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not cool, at all!
  7. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    funny it seems lots of folks like the idea of moving up for Barron but so many on here don't

Mayock has him in the top 8 on his board so does Casserly and so do quit a few others draftniks

yet in here he is not worth moving up to get

so does that mean all these other people don't know what they are talking about or the people in here don't know what they are talking about

it is going to be interesting following his career
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :( :(
  9. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

787 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The blogger picking for Dallas tried to trade back but no takers. There were 2 or 3 trades before 14 so it was pretty interesting to 'watch' unfold.
  10. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can see it happening where there isn't a "good" pick for Dallas at 14 and no possibility to move down...I've participated in a few mock drafts and it came out similar the only way Dallas was going to get what they are looking to get is to move up...because trade downs don't seem to be happening
  11. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,606 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Like I keep on saying, noone wants to move up til we end up stuck with Brockers.

Then in hindsight we will get, 'we should've moved up'. Its just a case of people being greedy, wanting their cake and eating it too by getting some perceived 'value' at the right spot. But sometimes, you do have to pay the price to get what you want.

I don't see a trade down in our future unless someone really drops, which is hard to see happening at the moment. So if we can't trade down, and are against trading up, that leaves us with a guy like Brockers.

Yuck.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,418 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    Cincy may go up to get Gilmore or Kirkpatrick.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,418 Messages
    1,895 Likes Received
    Who was on the board.
    Could you give us 5-6 guys?
  14. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    we might even find ourselves without that choice... I agree we might have to pay a price but we have got to get someone who can make a real difference and to me that would be Barron so the extra 3rd rnd pick doesn't bother me at all
  16. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,209 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    It would be surprising if DeCastro, Cox and Barron are all gone. If so a guy like Coples should fall to us.
  17. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

787 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Next five picks after Dallas was Gilmore, Reiff, Coples, Hightower and Mercilus.
  18. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Would have much rather had Gilmore. Taking Brockers was a bad draft decision IMO.