1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Brandon Carr calls 2013 a learning process

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 4, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

35,938 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr finished the 2013 season with three interceptions and 13 pass breakups. Numbers aside, Carr's season could be viewed as a disappointment. In an interview with Michigan Live, Carr called his 2013 season a learning process. "Individually, this season was a learning process for me," Carr said last week after visiting his high school, Carman-Ainsworth, in Flint, Mich. "I came to Dallas with high expectations, with a chip on my shoulder and a lot of things that I wanted to accomplish as well.

Continue reading...
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,965 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    He was playing so well before Calvin Johnson match-up. And then that game happened. Either Johnson was inhuman that game or we have bunch of sheep in wolf's clothing.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,747 Messages
    3,094 Likes Received
    That's about the same time that we started trotting out CFL players on the defensive line.

How many times did we pressure Matthew Stafford in that game, or any other QB in any subsequent game?
  4. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

625 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    So does Jason Garrett.
    TheFinisher likes this.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,965 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    sounds like alot of excuses. From what I saw....CJ was catching passes with 3 guys all around him. That has nothing to do with a defensive lineman. Those guys were in position but CJ had literally take their heart out for everyone to see. Carr never recovered from that for good reason...he just isn't as good as Hatcher was building him up to be or some fans think he is.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

24,177 Messages
    11,385 Likes Received
    He's a dime a dozen cornerback who makes an impact on nothing.

He learned he was Calvin Johnson's *****.
  7. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,610 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I agree. To be honest, I would be fine with him if he was a guy we drafted in the third or 4th round and he was on the rookie deal. I think he is a solid starter. Although to think our front office and fans thought he was the solution to our defense woes and worthy of that big contract is hard to take with a straight face.
    Risen Star likes this.
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,407 Messages
    2,593 Likes Received
    Just as long as they really learned something, I'm cool with it.