1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Cowboys re-sign Chris Jones

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 10, 2014.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    The team has made good decisions on special teams players pretty consistently as of late - hence, my lack of concern over the position.
  2. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

326 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Why not? What are the chances a 7th round pick of another position even makes the team, and we have 3 7th rounders..why not spend one on a field of punters that hasn't been touched..could draft a Ray Guy award winner or find someone to compete. Not like Jones is the best punter in the league. Saving money would just be another reason to try it. Pats picked up Ryan Allen and cut Mesko and saved cash.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,621 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    Last summer was borderline of being a joke. You can't tell me there won't be any UDFA's that would like to try out for the Dallas Cowboys for crying out loud.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I pray to the Lord they bring in some serious competition for him. I do not like him at all.
  5. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    At times he did ok, other times, not so much. We could probably get one of the best punters in this years draft class for a 7th round compensatory pick, and have saved the cap space. These are the types of moves that I really don't get, unless they think this draft is so deep that they can't waste a 7th round compensatory pick on a punter.
  6. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,868 Messages
    972 Likes Received