1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: Cowboys should use Beasley more

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JPostSam, Mar 16, 2013.

1. JPostSam

JPostSam Active Member

992 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4706558/cole-beasley-should-be-used-more

"The Cowboys haven't really had a typical No. 3 slot receiver with the body type of Welker and Amendola...

"Last year, the Cowboys found one in Cole Beasley, a player who fits Welker's and Amendola's body type. Beasley is 5-foot-8, 177 pounds. In his rookie season, Beasley finished with 15 catches for 128 yards with no touchdowns. He made a bulk of his catches out of the slot and going forward the Cowboys should use him more often from this area."

hear, hear. the kid can make plays.
  2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now that Ogletree is gone, hopefully this will happen.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Beasley. he's shown potential. but If its between Beasley and Harris in the slot I'm going with Harris.
  4. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    "He's a smurf" - Nick Eatman
  5. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

805 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Harris is way better and he is not a quitter. For some reason I just can't get over some one who quits and doesn't want to compete........If we had a real GM Beasley wouldn't even be on the team, but Jerry begged him to come back. How pathetic.
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,269 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    That was back in training camp. Things happen. Life can sometimes get in the way of football. Beasley was accepted back by his coaches and teammates. Beasley is a pretty darn good football player who has a knack for making chain-moving plays.

Your disdain for Beasley is unwarranted and makes no sense. But let's blame Jerry. :rolleyes:
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,218 Messages
    1,302 Likes Received
    The problem is, Beasley has the body of a 7th grade girl

He is not built like Welker or Amendola..
  8. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,856 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I don't know about that, but I am kinda getting tried of hearing about this dude. If he can play then he will be on the field. If he can't play then he won't, end of story. Just because he is small and white doesn't make him the second coming of Wes Welker or Amendola. I personally would rather see Harris in the slot. Beasley looks like a 4th or 5th at best IMO.
  9. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

709 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    The problem here for beasley is that Miles is best out of the slot, and Harris is best out of the slot.. So if Dez and Miles on the outside I like Harris in the slot and if Dez and HArris are outside I like Miles in the slot.. I like beasley on the inside too but Harris is a thousand times better
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,840 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    It comical.
    What "body type" is this referring to?
    Dwayne Harris is far more Wes Welkers body type than cole Beasley....and Amendola is 3-4 inces taller than Beasly and 10-13 lbs heavier. This gets tiring. By body type, do they mean skin color. Good grief.
    They all play the slot and they are all white. That's it
  11. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,511 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    That's my problem with him. I think he's quick and has great hands, but he's tiny and I don't mean just short. Maybe he will bulk up a little this offseason, but right now he looks like a boy out there playing football against men.

/reality
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    1st off, he's going to HAVE to bulk up without losing quickness in the off season. If he does that, he's good for about 4 to 6 plays a game next season. If he does great, then it's time to use the heck out of him. Players will get hurt, we need the depth.
  13. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,511 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    I agree .. Harris was fun to watch in college and he showed some flashes last year. I'd definitely like to see him get more playing time this upcoming season.

/reality
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,656 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Be nice if we have four or five receivers to mix into the lineup who can make plays.

I hope to see Beasley get stronger and be in that mix and Coale as well. Both showed good hands and an ability to get open when we saw them.
  15. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,385 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    ESPN is reporting the Cowboys should score more touchdowns.

Seeing as Ogletree is gone, this is some real hardcore analysis.
  16. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    No. No. Never. Never. No.

1. He won't hold up out there. A linebacker rolls him good or a big lineman simply falls on him wrong...and he's done for the year.

2. He would be a turnover machine. He's a small target, easily overthrown. And a half-decent hit is going to separate him from the ball. He doesn't have the upper body strength to control the ball in a tussle.

3. He can't do much in special teams and #4 and #5 receivers MUST give you something there.

4. Downfield blocking the run game? Uh...no.
  17. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Harris & Coale
  18. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

669 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    All Cole Beasley did last Training Camp was make plays. He will be very good on 3rd down.
  19. black label

black label Active Member

177 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    cousin liner says beasly is a midget
  20. JPostSam

JPostSam Active Member

992 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    cole beasley, dal -- 5'8", 177

andrew hawkins, cin -- 5'7", 180

travis benjamin, cle -- 5'10", 175

trindon holliday, den -- 5'5", 169

wes welker, den -- 5'9", 185

t.y. hilton, ind -- 5'9", 183

dexter mcluster, kc -- 5'8", 170

jarius wright, mia -- 5'10", 180

jerrell jernigan, nyg -- 5'8", 189

desean jackson, phi -- 5'10", 175

these small wide receivers are rare, but they do exist -- and they do make plays. really, that's all it boils down to.

hey, i like harris, too, and i think he should be the #3. but you need 4 or 5 wide receivers these days. beasley showed he can make plays from the slot. i'd like to see more of him, that's all.