1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: Cowboys should use Beasley more

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JPostSam, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Snacks

Snacks Benched

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This obsession with finding the next Welker needs to be buried and vaulted.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    This.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,695 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    If he bulks up, he COULD be dynamic. He was hard to bring down for a small guy, lots of wiggle, almost always made the first man miss, and got up the field in a hurry. Rarely drops the rock.
  5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    I'm not sold on using him more but I definitely think Harris should be uses much more. He showed he has hands, quicks and can be used all over the field.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I don't think any of you maroons who are whining about him being a quitter have any part of a clue of what he actually left for.

The dude seems like anything but a quitter.. to be 5'8 and scrawny and make it all the way to the NFL im thinking "quitter" is the last word i'd use to describe the guy.

I remember how many people used to call Anthony Spencer a "quitter" too because he said he wasn't going 100 percent in practice sometimes and felt that was affecting his play on gameday. Now look how many people have come around in his corner. Some of you really need to get a grip.

..and for the record, body type has nothing to do with racism. He has the same build as Wes Welker. They are both pocket sized but very quick out of the slot which allows them the ability to get open alot and not get murdered over the middle despite their small size. Again, get a grip..
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Does it? A great slot receiver can do wonders for an offense.. so why give up on the search for the prototypical slot man?

Im still rueing letting Amendola go.. that was such a dumb decision.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Wes Welker
    Height: 5086
    Weight: 195

Cole Beasley
    Height: 5077
    Weight: 175

Danny Amendola
    Height: 5104
    Weight: 183
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,237 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    You are rueing it so much that you forget the important detail that he walked away from the Cowboys on his own. Dallas didn't let him go. They asked him to stay on, but he chose to leave.
  10. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo's QBR was dreadful when targetting Beasley so maybe Dallas shouldn't throw at him more.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yeah he was forced into a big role in the Washington game after Ogletree and Austin went down, and it wasn't pretty. Washington basically forced Dallas to throw to him, and the results weren't pretty. He barely converting 50% of his 13 targets in the game, and they were low impact/high percentage short to intermediate dink and dunk targets. As a slot safety blanket WR you either got to provide your QB a large catch radius or get separation to provide your QB an outlet on a snap decision, and Beasley was doing neither in that game getting blanketed by nickel backs and even linebackers. Just because you "look" like Welker doesn't mean you are. I realize secondary WRs are low on the priority list of a team who can't even field a pair of starting safeties currently, but it's an area of the team that scares me given Austin/Dez issues.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Huh? He was cut..
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,237 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    This isn't surprising. Maybe Beasley will grow into the role, but he was an undrafted free agent. There was no reason to expect him to do better than he did in his brief appearances last year. Welker and Amendola looked pretty much the same their first couple of years in the league, too. Amendola kind of still does. His career average of 8.8 yards per catch is less than pedestrian. Hopefully Beasley or whomever else takes on that slot role or 3rd wide receiver role steps up and provides more efficient production for Dallas.