1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The Sports Newswire
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Signed by Cowboys ESPN: Cowboys sign Mark Sanchez, Tony Romo still on active roster

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

14,386 Messages
    9,103 Likes Received
    FRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have announced the signing of veteran quarterback Mark Sanchez, but they have kept starting QB Tony Romo on the active roster for at least another day.

Sunday marked the first day the Cowboys could have placed Romo on injured reserve, which means he would be able to return later in the regular season.

To make room for Sanchez, the Cowboys waived quarterback Jameill Showers.

If the Cowboys choose to place Romo on injured reserve, he would miss the first eight weeks of the season and be eligible to play Nov. 6 at the Cleveland Browns.

The longer they take to make a roster move, the more likely it is they will carry Romo on the active roster and deactivate him each week until he is healthy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ack-mark-sanchez-keep-tony-romo-active-roster

pugilist and BoysfanfromNY like this.
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

7,957 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    Now I need to find a witch who can put a spell on Dak to make sure he stays healthy.

3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

9,898 Messages
    6,184 Likes Received
    I am going to go right ahead and and call this a good sign that Romo isn't as badly injured as some have speculated.

BAZ, Proximo, CT Dal Fan and 3 others like this.
  4. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

9,819 Messages
    10,384 Likes Received
    It is certainly not a bad sign.

BoysfanfromNY and Super_Kazuya like this.
  5. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

4,767 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    good news on Romo (so far)

6. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

2,053 Messages
    2,348 Likes Received
    To listen to some people you would think Romo is lying around somewhere in a full body cast and getting his meals through a straw.

Reality is he's going to start throwing again in a couple of weeks (read this somewhere) and may be in line for a mid-October return (my personal gut feeling).

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

4,726 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I like Dak as much as anybody here and I hope we cruise to 6-0 before the bye with him at the helm. However, we don't know if Dak will get rattled in a loss and the pressure to win causes him to make bad throws. Romo is already used to that kind of pressure and I have little faith in Sanchez.

CT Dal Fan and BoysfanfromNY like this.
  8. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

2,053 Messages
    2,348 Likes Received
    Will Dak make some bad throws? Yes. But he won't succumb to the pressure of his position and get rattled. It's not in his mental makeup. He'll shake it off, look at what he did wrong, and improve. There's going to be some rough games ahead, but this kid can handle it.

Proximo likes this.
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,158 Messages
    8,563 Likes Received
    It just means they will rush Romo back. Not that surprised.

10. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

2,916 Messages
    4,176 Likes Received
    Agreed. And it's probably his most valuable trait.

He seems to have the arm, he seems capable of reading defenses. And we all know about the all-world stats he put up in preseason.

All that aside, his poise and "cool as a cucumber" qualities are going to pay dividends for us. You can't teach that. The stage isn't too big for him. He's confident but not cocky/arrogant. He can lead. Bottom line is he has the intangibles you want.