1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Cowboys to take look at Jeff Heath

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 10, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,030 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    IRVING, Texas – Will Allen was brought in to compete for the starting safety spot and be a solid special teams performer. He was replaced in the starting lineup by J.J. Wilcox in Week 3 and the Dallas Cowboys did not believe he was playing well on special teams, so they decided to cut the veteran on Tuesday. They also want to take a look at Jeff Heath, the undrafted rookie who performed well in the preseason but has yet to see a defensive snap in the regular season.

Continue reading...
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,156 Messages
    1,511 Likes Received
    I could have sworn I saw him in against both the Giants and Rams...but I wouldn't mind giving him more of a look.

Would he be getting time over Church?
  3. chagus

chagus Active Member

239 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Yeah, you saw him on special teams. I agree that more of a look couldn't hurt any.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,156 Messages
    1,511 Likes Received
    Oh, duhhhh lol

I feel like I remember him being in on some defensive snaps but you are probably right.
  5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,523 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Heath will get opportunities in nickel because Kiffin does not employ a dime package.
  6. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,409 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I heard a bunch of great things about Heath during preseason and then watched I think the last preseason game or one of the later ones. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. He looked lost and slow. I hope that I am somehow mistaken as I didn't get much time to evaluate based upon a few plays. I guess we'll see.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Well at least Heath has a upside, Allen did not.