1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Cowboys Twitter mailbag, Part 2

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 22, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,709 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    IRVING, Texas -- Part 2 of the Dallas Cowboys Twitter mailbag is ready. In it we touch on the draft ramifications of signing Henry Melton, Sean Lee’s position and Rod Marinelli’s future. If you missed Part 1, you can read it here. Away we go:

@toddarcher: Maybe it’s been talked about, but I don’t think it will be implemented. I don’t know what to make of Bruce Carter after the way he performed in 2013. DeVonte Holloman was OK at the end of the year in a new position, but I think he’s more of a Sam linebacker and he’ll compete with Kyle Wilber. I understand the thought that moving Sean Lee and how it might save his body some, but I think he’s too valuable at the Mike to put him in a new spot, even if the Will is a huge part of this defense, too. I just think the Cowboys stick with Lee at the Mike and don’t move him.

@toddarcher: While we’re on the subject of Marinelli: I don’t think the defense will look that different. In fact, Marinelli is more apt to stay "basic" than to change up his looks on defense than Monte Kiffin. It all depends on the front four. If it can get pressure on the quarterback -- and that’s why Melton was such an important signing -- then that will allow him to do some things in the secondary.

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,238 Messages
    7,065 Likes Received
    Archer Twitter Q&A
  3. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Nothing mind-blowing, but good info none-the-less.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,238 Messages
    7,065 Likes Received
    Just trying to break up the monotony of the Jerry is awesome threads. ;)