1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Cowboys worked out 17 players

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Cowboys worked out 17 players
    December, 15, 2011
    By Todd Archer

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688282/cowboys-worked-out-17-players

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys had a busy Thursday, working out 17 players after practice, including tight end Harry Flaherty, the nephew of head coach Jason Garrett, passing game coordinator/tight ends coach John Garrett and assistant director of pro scouting Judd Garrett.

Flaherty went to training camp with New Orleans and can also be a long snapper.

The workouts were in part designed to scout players to sign to “futures” contracts for 2012 once the season ends, but several players have NFL experience....
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Here's the actual list:

WR Dominique Ziegler, Safety Kareem Moore, DE Baraka Atkins, TE Harry Flaherty, DB Kevin Payne, QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson, WR Rod Harper,
    G Cord Howard, NT Travis Ivey, RB Jeff Link, WR ZaVious Robbins, LB Brashton Satele, DT Adrian Taylor, RB Rendrick Taylor, and CB Donovan Warren.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Love it.

Turn over every stone. Ya never know what you'll find. Our UDFAs over the years have proven that.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    The two names that stick out to me are Travis Ivey and Donovan Warren.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Star, you need to get into conversations with realtick, and silverbear...they are hot on reviewing personnel for possible players. Both knowledgeable from out of the college ranks forward.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    Love that we do this in the middle of the playoff race. Eyes are always open to finding new players.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    i'll take this guy please...I'm sure Jacobs dancing on the star would make him grumpy
    [IMG]
  8. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,812 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I don't know if it's good or bad but the Cowboys organization has almost as many Garrets as Joneses.
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    What the heck?

Anyway...

Yeah its good to churn
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    It's Baraka from the Mortal Kombat series...I just thought the guy's name was funny :laugh2:

Guess I should have been more clear.