1. CowboysZone Upgrade Completed!

The software that powers CowboysZone.com has been upgraded. The upgrade process was massive so there may be a few lingering effects and there may be a need to take the site offline to deal with any issues that arise.

Please report any problems you find to Reality!
    Dismiss Notice

News: ESPN Dallas: Center Andre Gurode is still around

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 25, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,727 Messages
    14,382 Likes Received
    Aug 25
    4:18
    PM CT

By Calvin Watkins

OXNARD, Calif. -- In the last two weeks, the Cowboys lost two offensive linemen, Kyle Kosier and Marc Colombo, to knee injuries.

Gurode has been a durable player. He's started every game since 2006, when he became the full-time starter at that position.

Gurode has reached the Pro Bowl every year he's been a starter, but last year might not have been his best season.

Line coach Hudson Houck said Gurode needed to play with more technique -- instead of powering over defenders, trying to maneuver them with footwork, hand placement and arm length.

"This is a game of what have you done for me lately," he said. "You have a lot of work to do, a lot of areas to improve in, and Hud has been working on me to work on those areas."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4671268/andre-gurode-is-still-around

2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

22,836 Messages
    4,076 Likes Received
    I'd rather be in the Cowboy camp and on their offensive line with Houck, than in camp with Philadelphia, New York, or Washington.:starspin

3. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

47,010 Messages
    9,454 Likes Received
    Gurode and Bigg need to pick up the stunts and blitzes better.