1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Felix Jones can't shake comparisons

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,856 Messages
    3,782 Likes Received
    Cowboys RB continues to be judged by standard set by others drafted in 2008
    [IMG] By Calvin Watkins
    ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Steven Jackson knows something about playing running back in the NFL.

Since being drafted in 2004 by the St. Louis Rams, Jackson has the third-most carries (1,824) and yards (7,788) in the NFL.

Jackson, who was at Cowboys Stadium on Tuesday as part of Nike's national media summit, doesn't necessarily like the dual-running back system. He thinks he's a dinosaur of some kind as one of the few backs who is the sole ball carrier on his team.

"It's insurance for a team. They will have at least one guy who will be healthy at the end of the season," Jackson said. "As time goes on, we see a team really prefers to have a franchise guy, and I try to be that guy and hold that torch for guys like Emmitt Smith, a franchise back who can do it all. He can run, catch and block, and I take great pride in knowing that I'm one of the last ones."

The Dallas Cowboys have sought such a lead dawg, if you will, since Smith left after the 2002 season.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5921190
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    ???????????????????????
  3. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,078 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    lol where does Felix comparisons fit?