1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Jason Garrett pleased players working out

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 16, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    May 16
    4:30
    PM CT

Calvin Watkins

"I don’t want to comment too much on that," Jason Garrett said after being honored for his charity work by Humble Beginnings on Monday. "But I have seen that and I think that’s a natural progression for a lot of teams int his league to have guys get together. This is when you start to play a little football and you start getting to the middle of May is typically what our players are doing. So, for them to get together and throw it a little bit is probably a natural thing and a good thing."

"A comment that I made to somebody recently is I think a lot of good things happen when players work together by themselves when coaches aren’t around," Garrett said. "And for years, that’s happened on the practice field for 10 minutes after you finish practice a couple guys get together sand say, ‘Hey, will you work with me on this? Let’s work together on this.’ And I think that’s where you can gro individually and as a group."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...on-garrett-is-pleased-players-are-working-out