1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Jerry Jones: OC coy on Felix Jones' role

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive
    IRVING, Texas -- With Tennessee's Chris Johnson coming to town Sunday, the subject of making running back Felix Jones a featured part of the Dallas Cowboys' offense is an especially hot topic around Valley Ranch this week.

It appears that owner/general manager Jerry Jones and assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Jason Garrett aren't in complete agreement about the issue, but Jerry Jones insists that isn't the case.

Garrett indicated that he doesn't plan to make getting Felix Jones the ball a bigger priority than it's been. Jones had 22 carries for 88 yards and four catches for 38 yards during the Cowboys' 1-2 start.

"He's probably being coy with our strategy," Jerry Jones said of Garrett. "And that comes from being coy with the strategy. I don't get that [from Garrett]. I don't have that kind of communication going on with him."

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5663298
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give the guy 20 carries and throw in the ball at least 5 times out of the backfield...
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    "He's probably being coy with our strategy," Jerry Jones said of Garrett. "And that comes from being coy with the strategy. I don't get that [from Garrett]. I don't have that kind of communication going on with him."

:confused:

What?
  4. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,335 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    LOL, right?

Jerry not making much sense here. Probably babbling because he realized he was giving away info to the titans he shouldn't and was trying to put confusion into his story to throw them off.
  5. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Not withstanding Jerrys nonsense quoted above, it appears more and more that Garrett is being watched very closely by his boss. The bloom may be off the rose.
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Felix Jones missed 12 games because of hamstring, toe and knee injuries his first two seasons, but the Cowboys don't consider his durability to be a significant concern.

Sure they don't ....:rolleyes:
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    senility, the mind cannot keep up with the mouth.
  8. dooomsday

dooomsday Member

886 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What an idiot. Someone take him out of his misery.

We can only hope TN puts 8 in the box now and we can do what we do best, pass.
  9. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,564 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    Lol...I was scratching my head on that one, too!