1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Kevin Ogletree helped himself Sunday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer

SAN ANTONIO -- In his quest to fill the No. 3 wide receiver role, Kevin Ogletree only helped himself in Sunday’s scrimmage.

Ogletree caught four passes in the scrimmage – three from Tony Romo and one from Jon Kitna. The three receptions from Romo came in a two-minute drill that ended with Jason Witten catching a touchdown pass.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
  2. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm glad to hear that! Go Kevin!!
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,157 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    Jenkins and Newman were not playing. Just sayin.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad to see that... Keep working Olgetree!
  5. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Fixed it for you.

j/k... :muttley:
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    I'd still like to see a vet brought in. Scary to think about what happens if Dez or Miles go down.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    Oh the fear of a receiver going down. How would we ever recover?
  8. mrla

mrla A Passion for the Star

235 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just glad we won the scrimmage
  9. walt_a_s

walt_a_s New Member

29 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    2D3 why can't you keep your crap bundled over at the other site. No sense irritating another group of fans with your bs and assinine comments.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,157 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    Well walt, I suppose it's because this is a site to post your opinions.

However, what I said was the truth. Both starting corners were out when Otree really helped himself.

There is such a thing as ignore.
  11. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,604 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Dez or Miles go down we are fine between Ogletree,Harris,Witten, Murray and the one starter that is still there we won't even miss any production. Also we can still try running the ball, just saying it is not hard to change things up to compensate.
  12. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,527 Messages
    1,135 Likes Received
    Glad to see he has put in another good day at the office. Just keep working hard young fella and the sky is the limit. If yo can earn Tony's trust you will be playing a lot come sunday's
  13. walt_a_s

walt_a_s New Member

29 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The problem with you is that somehwere along the way someone told you you had a good idea/thought and since then you take your every thought as gospel and go to the grave with them. This is a sight for opinions but you feel it necessary to berate and belittle and that is who you are. Don't go away mad just go away./
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    Oh I fully agree.

Honestly I think this whole 3rd receiver thing is over rated.

But I'm of the belief you don't need 2 all world receivers either.

You just need a group of guys who fit your system.
  15. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Last I knew Witten and Murray weren't WR's. Even so, Witten already gets a huge workload, and there is only so much extra you can put on him. Murray we haven't really even seen, and even so, screen and swing passes can only go so far in making up for weak WR's. If Dez or Miles gets hurt it will be vital for Ogletree or someone else to step up in a big way, and that makes me a little nervous.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    The Chicago Bears agree.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,061 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    I still remain a bit skeptical on Ogletree but the more he continues to produce in camp and hopefully throughout the pre season the less skeptical I will be. Garrett is giving him a great opportunity but also reminding guys your replacement may not be on the team right now but they are one phone call away.
  18. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I simply can't cut ogletree much slack until I see something myself. While it's nice to hear Ogletree is doing a good job, training camp reports just aren't the same as game days situations.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    I honestly think the reason he took a step back last year was because we drafted Dez and he saw the writing on the wall with where he would be on the depth chart.

Im not saying he dealt with the situation like he should have but I think thats what went down.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,061 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    I agree. Even Pre season games to an extent because face it your not going to be facing backup and PS players in the reg season.

However he is having a very good camp Garrett seems to think he has a better understanding of the offense and doing a better job of running the routs and making the catches. If he can continue doing this then he will have earned the job