1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Mat McBriar should be Pro Bowl bound

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 7, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,358 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    Dec 7
    1:03
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- From 2007-09 the Cowboys had 28 players in the Pro Bowl. Some of that was based off reputation and some of them were injury replacements. A lot of it was based off being on a winning team.

With a 4-8 record this year, the Cowboys don’t figure to have much representation in the Pro Bowl this season as the game returns to Hawaii.

McBriar leads the NFL in gross average (48.2) and net average (41.9). His net average would have been a lot higher if not for the blocked punt by Indianapolis Sunday that was turned into a touchdown. The only other punter in franchise history to finish a season with a net-average of more than 40 yards was Sam Baker, who had 40.7 and 40.6 averages in 1962-63.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4675431/mat-mcbriar-should-be-pro-bowl-bound
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Props for McBriar. He's as solid a punter as there is in the league. Been doin it for a few years now. Glad to have him in Dallas.

:starspin
  3. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be against him.
  4. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,635 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    most consistent player on this team. its one thing i NEVER worry about.
  5. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,209 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Edit: I wouldn't bet against him.
  6. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    There's a reason why he wears the number 1
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,609 Messages
    3,342 Likes Received
    He's made the Pro Bowl before. He deserves it this year. A very good punter. We will miss him when he's gone.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Mister consistent. Him and our LS.
  9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I'll never forget the game when he got hurt back in 2008. That Cardinals game costed us that season, we lost Romo and our punter. The rest is history.
  10. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,306 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    McBriar's the best player on the team. He does his job better than anyone.
  11. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Do any of you remember when Danny White was our punter, and he would take the snap then, when he got a minimal rush, he would pause or take another step before punting? I wish McBriar would try that sometimes (obviously when he is alert enough to NOT kick into the chest of a defender). Our coverage would be super tight with virtually no returns. McBriar has a booming kick for sure...I think if he thought about the game a little he could be exceptional.
  12. lockster

lockster Member

648 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice observation, been so long since I saw him play I had forgotten about that.