1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: The aftermath of Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,944 Likes Received
    Jul 30
    1:08
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

SAN ANTONIO -- The day after the Cowboys failed to sign cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, the one man who tried to make a big sell for him said he really wasn't trying to get him.

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said, or joked, depending on how you read it, the team wasn't in the mix for Asomugha, who signed a five-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, spurning a four-year offer from the Cowboys.

"Actually I love Nnamdi, probably my most favorite player I ever coached," Ryan said after Saturday's walkthrough. "I wasn’t ever planning on having Nnamdi Asomugha."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681054/the-aftermath-of-nnamdi-asomugha
  2. BoyzofFall

BoyzofFall New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a bunch of b.....you know we would have been all over him to get to Dallas.
  3. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,832 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    So an on field fist bump MUST mean it was about NA?
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,845 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    What he probably meant was that he never expected that we would get Nmadi. Nmadi went for a lot lower price then many including myself thought he would go. The fact that the boys almost got him for $10 million a year is astounding. I would imagine there are several GMs around the league kicking themselves for not trying as well; especially those teams that have to spend a lot to get to the cap floor.