1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Todd Archer's practice observations - 08/08/11

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,937 Messages
    3,889 Likes Received
    Aug 8
    6:53
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

** It hasn’t taken S Abram Elam long to make an impression. On the first play of goal-line drills, Elam thumped Felix Jones to the ground after DeMarcus Ware held up Chris Gronkowski at the point of attack to force the run wider, and on the second play Elam blanketed Jason Witten on a play-action pass.

**WR Miles Austin had a Terry Glenn-like twisting catch on a deep ball from QB Tony Romo, going airborne down the middle and landing on his side after splitting the safeties. Romo gave Austin an “attaboy” after the play for making the adjustment.

** OLB Ware admitted to a coverage bust on a touchdown catch by FB Jason Pociask. Ware followed Witten on the play, giving Pociask a free play for the score. Ware said some of his responsibilities are different on the goal line than in the past.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681758/todd-archers-practice-observations-10
  2. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Is it just me or does this Albright kid tip passes and defend them in almost every practice? I know nothing about him other then where he went to school, but he sure seems to have a nose for the football.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Buehler needs to go... D-Ware goofed? Say it ain't so! Slippin' 94, :laugh2:
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,841 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    "** The situational portion of practice dealt with killing the clock. P Mat McBriar practiced taking a snap in the end zone, running around and eventually going through the back of the end zone for a safety. The quarterbacks worked on throwing the ball out of bounds at the end of the game to run out the clock. Jason Garrett wanted Romo to throw his pass higher to buy more time."

I heard on radio this morning that they also had Dez taking the snap and running around to kill the clock.
  5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,575 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I like the fact that both our safeties are playing for a contract.
  6. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Cut this fool already!!!
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,205 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    Alan Ball could do neither of those things.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,677 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    Not just you. Ryan was bragging on him (and Eberflus for finding him) yesterday... Said once they play a game, he will dent some helmets.

I would bet he makes the team somehow. Or at least the practice squad.
  9. Mitcha68

Mitcha68 Member

272 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is Albright from Boston College?
  10. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We might want to let them battle it out for at least the first 3 games.. make sure that Bailey can stay this consistent when the spotlight's on...

There's no real hurry to make that call...
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,205 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    He'd really have to slip a ways.

I think he's nailing about 90% and Buehler is just under 70%, IIRC.

I can't see any way that Dallas lets Beuhler kick FGs this year unless Bailey really tanks hard.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,743 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Like I've been saying the whole time, Elam is going to the Pro Bowl! ;)
  13. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,018 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Watch the first practice vid. (I'm sure you did) The kid stands out. Reminds me of Ratliff due to his motor. He gets stood up alot but seems to wriggle free.

BTW - I had to go look at the roster to find out who he was. :eek::
  14. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,018 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Rookie K Dan Bailey went 4-for-4 in field goals Monday with makes from 43, 26, 32 and 36 yards. David Buehler was 3-of-4, hooking a 36-yarder to the left

They're never gonna fix that it seems. All year last year........to the left.
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,854 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Good news about Elam.
    :bow: