1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Tony Romo entering next phase

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,395 Likes Received
    Cowboys quarterback didn't stop trying to learn, develop during time away from game
    [IMG] By Todd Archer
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

SAN ANTONIO -- The last time Tony Romo was a quarterback inside Cowboys Stadium, his left arm was in a sling and throbbing with pain because of a broken collarbone.

Romo returns to his normal job Thursday for the first time in almost 10 months for a preseason game against the Denver Broncos that normally would not generate as much interest except that it marks his return to live action.

There is no melancholy in Romo's voice about how much he missed the game, the quiet times in a locker room preparing or the anticipation of the kickoff.

"For me it feels like a game when I go out and practice with the tempo I try to practice at," Romo said while standing in a hallway outside the team's locker room. "That's why I don't feel that it's that different. That's the approach you want to have, to go into practice each day thinking it's like a game. It's like the scrimmage Sunday. I'm excited to play football and each day it gets more fun."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6845722/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-entering-phase