1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Dallas: Will Roy Williams' role increase?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 7, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,870 Messages
    3,806 Likes Received
    Dec 7
    2:21
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas -- Receiver Roy Williams doesn’t expect his workload to increase because of the season-ending injury to Dez Bryant.

“I do what I am supposed to do,” Williams said. “Get my two balls a game and make the best of them.”

Perhaps that comment, which Williams has made repeatedly, can be perceived as passive-aggressive complaining about the receiver’s limited role. But it’s based in truth.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4675443/will-roy-williams-role-increase
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received

Any WR that DOESN'T Want the ball is crap. I'd be upset if he really were "ok" with only getting a couple of opportunities a game.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    “I do what I am supposed to do,” Williams said. “Get my two balls a game and make the best of them.”

yea Roy two balls a game for 13 mil

nice gig if you can keep it

which I doubt
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Uno, how many of your post are spouting hatred towards Roy. And to think you went to UT-Arlington.

We're all one--the Texas system reaches out to all regions. No need to envy.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I like Garrett's response: “I think without getting into specifics, the other guys will start to get more opportunities and we’ll just go from there,” Garrett said. “We always try to put our guys in the best position that we can on offense so we’ll see what the different combinations are and we’ll try to do that with them.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4675443/will-roy-williams-role-increase
  6. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,887 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    Of course he'll see more balls his way. He can't do some of the things that Dez could do. Dez can't do some of the things RW can do either. Not yet anyway.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,295 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    I would not be surprised to see Kitna rely more on RW now. The 2 have had a long relationship and I think more times than not a QB will look to WR that they have a comfront zone in.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    The sun came up today. Means about as much as the OP does.