1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: ESPN: Dan Bailey ready for full-time duty

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 12, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,520 Messages
    4,341 Likes Received
    Dan Bailey ready for full-time duty
    November, 11, 2011
    By Todd Archer

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686550/dan-bailey-ready-for-full-time-duty

...Bailey handled all of the kicking duties when Buehler missed four weeks earlier this season because of a groin injury. On 24 kickoffs he had six touchbacks and the opponents’ averaging starting point was the 22.3. Buehler had nine touchbacks in 18 kickoffs and the opponents started on overage at the 20.4.

Bailey, who has made 19 straight field goal attempts, is likely to continue with Tony Romo as his holder even if Mat McBriar returns from a nerve problem affecting his left foot. The stance McBriar has to assume in holds affects his leg injury.

“I’m not too picky,” Bailey said of how he likes the ball tilted on field goal tries. “The only thing that really matters is if the laces are straight at me. As long as it’s down, I’ll kick it.”