1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Derrick Dockery will earn as he goes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 6, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,234 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Derrick Dockery will earn as he goes
    September, 6, 2011
    By Todd Archer

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4683114/derrick-dockery-will-earn-as-he-goes

IRVING, Texas -- Derrick Dockery joined the Cowboys in part because he believes he has a chance to be a starter at some point in 2011 and not a backup.

The more Dockery plays, the more he will be paid.

The Cowboys gave Dockery a $100,000 signing bonus as part of the one-year deal he received and he will earn a base salary of $810,000. He has a chance to earn another $750,000 in incentives mostly tied to his playing time...
  2. natesboys051

natesboys051 New Member

112 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I expect him to start at left OG within a short while. Nagy (and Arkin) are decent but both boys drastically need the get a lot stronger with Woicik because the next few games are loaded with NFL defensive starters who are BEASTS (super strong and mean as hell) are their respective positions. If JG has a 'death wish' for Romo, Nagy and Kowolski start along with Tyron Smith and we get Romo 'hurt' in Game 1 due to 3 rookies starting. Hell, we all know that the Jets Defense are mean as shxt, tough as hell, and playoff tested!!! Rex will 'expose' our weak O-Line in Game 1 and make Jerrah look stupid for cutting Gurode (especially if Gurode ends up starting with the Ravens). If this slaughter doesn't happen, I will DRINK the JG koolaid for the rest of the season (or at least until we face Detroit or the Patriots defense)!!!!
  3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,922 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Is there anything wrong with this guy? How did we get a former starting guard? All I heard was he didn't fit Shanahan's scheme. It seems like a real coup.