1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Grudge Match: Cardinals-Cowboys keys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Active Member

13,343 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Grudge Match: Cardinals-Cowboys keys
    December, 3, 2011
    By Bryan Broaddus

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4687617/grudge-match-cardinals-cowboys-keys

Cowboys CBs Mike Jenkins and Terence Newman vs. Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: This week Rob Ryan and his secondary are going to have to deal with one of the top five playmakers in the National Football League.

Fitzgerald is so dangerous because of his ability to not only run routes and gain separation but also catch the ball no matter how poorly it is thrown. Other than Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald has never been blessed with an outstanding quarterback that can consistently get him the ball on the move, where he is the most productive.

When you study Fitzgerald, you see a receiver that never changes speed when he runs routes. Miles Austin has this same trait as well. When you have this ability, you can put a great deal of pressure on the cornerbacks because most receivers have to settle down to cut or break in the route. From that standpoint, it’s much easier to break on the route once you see the receiver adjust. Fitzgerald doesn’t give cornerbacks that opportunity to read him and drive on the ball....
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,907 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    The all time series stands at 55-29-1 in favor of the Cowboys.

Does that sound like a grudge match to you? Me either.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,519 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    They knocked us out on the way to a Super Bowl.

That's a good grudge if you ask me.
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,861 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    And they beat us with a last minute fg last season to beat us by 1 pt because Ferris Beuhler missed an XP
  5. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,096 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    like "except for Kurt Warner" he has not played with a good QB--lots of guys never played with anyone as good as Warner
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Eagles knocked us out.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,331 Messages
    998 Likes Received
    yea, that one got me too :laugh2:

And it's not like he only played one season with Warner either. They put up a lot of great numbers together.
  8. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Grudge match is the name of his weekly column/report thing where he notes the 3 main matchups that will dictate the outcome of his game.

But don't let that stop you from making up nonexistent things to complain about.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,519 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Who's complaining? Just giving us a reason to play harder against the Cards.

But feel free to interpret anyway you want.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,177 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    we will win as long as McBriar punts it out of bounds so Peterson cannot get any.
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,429 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    ^Wells and Fitz are bigger threats then Peterson.
  12. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Active Member

1,271 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    First thing I noticed as I was reading lol. He's had a hall of fame worthy super bowl MVP for over half his career. Poor thing.