1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Grudge Match: Giants-Cowboys keys (good read)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 11, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,760 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Grudge Match: Giants-Cowboys keys
    December, 10, 2011
    By Bryan Broaddus

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4687902/grudge-match-giants-cowboys-keys

Cowboys CBs Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins vs. Giants WRs Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz: I really do believe that both of these teams' defensive backs will be under attack.

The Cowboys' receivers can cause just as much damage to the Giants as the Giants can against the Cowboys. The Cowboys have done a nice job of defending the run after two weeks where they were not as good. I believe that other than protecting Tony Romo in this game, how they play against the Giants' receivers will determine whether they win or lose.

The Cowboys cannot allow Nicks and Cruz to dominate this game. I said in my preview of this game that I wouldn’t worry about Mike Jenkins as much in this game after what I saw him do against Larry Fitzgerald last week. His confidence level and technique were both high, and his level of play reflected that.

The Cowboys can get in trouble if Newman doesn’t play aggressively enough against Nicks or Cruz. Newman has had his struggles driving on the ball from off coverage...