1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN has us drafting a

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by texastwister, Jan 10, 2006.

1. texastwister

texastwister Member

475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WR in the first round -Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
    GBN has us drafting a WR in the first round- *Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
    What do you think? Do you see Bill drafting a WR in the first round?

I dont.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I believe espn also had us drafting Troy Williamson and David Pollack last year too, so I wouldn't be too worried.
  3. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I live here in Scottsdale and Hagan is very good, catches everything, has decent size.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    I think both are very good WR and if by some chance Dallas did select either one I would not be upset by it.
  5. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Didn't Parcells say just a few weeks ago in a press conference that the one position he'd hesitate to draft in the first round is wide receiver?
  6. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    We need a tackle. If Parcell's takes anyone else, I will be severely upset.
  7. texastwister

texastwister Member

475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say we probably will draft a LB to play along side James. I dont see us drafting OL in the first unless someone who shouldnt fall to us.
    I would like to draft a WR or QB in the first but I say defense-LB and FS 1st 2 rounds unless we pickup FS in FA.
    I dont know how much they will change the OL except maybe center. I know people say RT but the Rookie played 16 games and with a little work in the offseason on his footwork he will be better. I dont care what people say he did a good job for a 6th rd pick whose was overweight.
  8. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,464 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    drafting a wr in round one is what caused his and krafts little problem did'nt it. seems like it was a osu wr, with good speed.interesting
  9. texastwister

texastwister Member

475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Adam that means we are taking a WR for sure if Bill says we arent :laugh2:
  10. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Parcells will NOT draft a WR in the first round...He said it a few weeks ago..

I want Ahmad Brooks (LB) OR Marcus Mcneil selected with the 18th pick!!
  11. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,167 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    OL will get fixed after rd one......don't be surprised if BP and crew takes a great LB that fits big Bill if available, otherwise all bets are off......but, our OL is in shambles
  12. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Yep, OL or LB will be the pick.
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    BP in talking about the draft said he would not draft a WR high because he had seen too many busts.Said that was a specific position he wouldn't want to look at high in the draft.
  14. texastwister

texastwister Member

475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which side LT or RT? If RT you want another year with a rookie RT? That doesnt make sense. If he is a first rounder or a walk on he is going to get beat and beat badly. Remember it takes 3 years to get going for most players.
    Rob didnt understand the speed of the game. Thats the first year learning. That and the playbook. He will get better in his 2nd year hopefully. He will watch film and see how guys were betting him and learn.
    I just wish people would give some of these players a chance before throwing them to the curb. Tucker and Pettiti did a better job than most people gave them credit for when Flozel went down. Now we just complian on how we need new tackles . :mad:
  15. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Where do you guys think Lawson will go in this draft? He is very similar to Ware.
  16. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hagan reminds me a bit of crayton. if we were to draft a wr in the first it'd have to be santonio holmes. he is a real deal playmaker.
  17. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,596 Messages
    87 Likes Received

On that I agree 100%.
  18. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hagen won't be too happy when he isn't catching many passes cause our QB is getting sacked every other play
  19. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the learning curve for a RT is greatly reduced when you START your pro career at 6'9", 330 llbs after having played a RT for 4 years in a big program. :D

Marcus McNeill anyone?
  20. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man you couldn't have put that ANY better, Petiti sucks. McNeill is agile for a big man and moves his feet well. And we all know Jonathan Scott won't be there for us to draft.