1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: ESPN: Jason Garrett knows where he stands Who knows if he can coach, but new Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 11, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,793 Messages
    7,542 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett knows where he stands
    Who knows if he can coach, but new Cowboys boss sure can stage a news conference

Matt Mosley

IRVING, Texas -- One of the things Jason Garrett has going for him other than following Wade Phillips as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys is his ability to project in front of an audience. I didn't actually count how many questions were asked during Wednesday's media session, but a good friend of mine from a rival publication came up with 38. Garrett swatted the questions away with ease as he stuck to a script that had him mentioning the kickoff time for Sunday's game in the Meadowlands at last seven times.

Garrett seems to be a humorless man, but he's certainly projected leadership during his three days as Cowboys head coach. I love that he had the table in the news conference atrium replaced with a large lectern. There are rumors that Garrett will have the lectern shipped to road games for postgame media sessions.

Read More http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mosley_matt&id=5790640
  2. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,199 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    My only advice for Jason is to ditch the hat and wear a collared shirt to his press conferences...show everyone that you only mean business.
  3. Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave Member

598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds like Moseley already resents the fact that JG is no longer allowing himself to be bullied by reporters.

His "projecting" leadership comment comes off as if the reporter thinks that JG's demeanor in the PC's is an act.

This article stinks.
  4. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

482 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    He ate reporters and chewed them up and spit out the bones. Parcell's knew he was smarter then all the reporters. I'll bet Garret feels the same way. Going to be an interesting 8 weeks for sure.
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

23,874 Messages
    2,801 Likes Received
    I didn't get that impression at all.
  6. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

8,570 Messages
    1,306 Likes Received
    I thought it was a good read and Mosley came away very impressed with Garrett.