1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN just talked about Boys, Bledsoe and Parcells

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Sep 11, 2005.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did anyone catch it? I can't believe it but Steve Young thought Bledsoe was going to have more success on the Cowboys than Michael Irvin did.

Irvin was blasting our receivers saying all of them were overglorified #2's. Mentioned Key, Peerless and Glenn. Irvin said if Bledsoe throws more than 25 passes a game, the Cowboys lose, and only win with Julius and better defense.

Steve Young said Bledsoe is a very smart QB, and Parcells can turn him around, and wanted ESPN to take record of Irvin's comments about Bledsoe because he thinks Drew will carry the team a few games.
  2. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,111 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Everyone was high on bledsoe but irvin. ***?
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Screw him, what could this Michael Irvin possibly know about receiving :rolleyes:
  4. Hoods

Hoods Active Member

958 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I think we have a very good receiving corps that will all rely on each other's success to spring their own. However, Irvin is right. We don't have a Moss, Owens, Harrison or Horn on our team.

I'd rather Bledsoe be an above average bus driver then a struggling "elite."
  5. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just saw that too. I think a lot of times, Irvin speaks more for effect than anything.
  6. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,509 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I think we should be concerned about the QB position, which obviouly means Bledsoe. Thing is we have pieces around him, so he has no excuses, it's sink or swim really. I think if the pieces work together, he can have a solid year.
  7. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Member

444 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Did you hear Michael accidentally call Newman Terrence Mathis?
  8. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    HAHA Yeah, I caught that one! I wondered if I was hearing things. The ESPN crew passed it off pretty slick.
  9. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All 3 of the former players were just asked to pick the breakout player in the NFL this year and Steve Young just called Jason Witten his breakout player, and Tom Jackson picked Demarcus Ware. Jackson also told Young that Witten had his breakout year last season, and the pick shouldn't count. :D
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Maybe Michael is falling back into his old habits. Does the NFL test commentators?
    :p:
  11. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup. That was pretty funny.
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,527 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    michael's peer is not on the Cowboys roster. he knows it - and so do we.

but the depth is intriguing this time around.
  13. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,070 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Now I am frightened. He is arguing our case vehemently against Ditka and Irvin. This is scary.
  14. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Holy crap! Steve Young just guaranteed to Mike Ditka that the Cowboys would have a top 10 defense this year! He's calling out Ditka for having a grudge against the Cowboys now. *** is wrong with the universe. The ex-49er is really giving us a lot of love today!
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  16. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,527 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    and then young picks san diego while irvin and ditka take dallas.

young, with the law degree, didn't buy his own case. same steve young.
  17. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did he? I didn't watch the picks. Oh well, I almost thought we had converted him. Maybe next Sunday. :)
  18. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't see what is wrong with having four #2 receivers. Somebody is going to get open. Seems to me that the Chiefs do pretty well, and they don't have a single receiver I would take over Key or Glenn.
  19. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Beware of Trojans bearing gifts!

He's trying to jinx us! :D
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,160 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Ditka has never forgiven JJ for firing Landry- who was a real close friend as well as the man that got Ditka the coaching job at Chicago. I also have a hunch that Ditka was wanting to coach the boys one day but would never do it as long as JJ owned them.