1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Laurent Robinson 'would love to wear star rest of career'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 26, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,612 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Laurent Robinson 'would love to wear star rest of career'
    November, 25, 2011
    By Tim MacMahon

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...binson-would-love-to-wear-star-rest-of-career

It’d make a lot of sense for the Cowboys to seriously consider trying to lock up Laurent Robinson to a long-term extension.

After all, he’s emerged as their most reliable wide receiver this season despite not arriving at Valley Ranch until September. His rapport with Tony Romo has resulted in seven touchdowns over the last five games, a key factor in the Cowboys move to first place in the NFC East.

There’s no good reason the Cowboys wouldn’t want to keep Robinson, who is enjoying a breakout campaign in his fifth NFL season after playing for the Atlanta Falcons and St. Louis Rams and spending the preseason with the San Diego Chargers.

While a contract extension isn’t his priority at this point, Robinson indicated that he’d certainly be open to the idea during an appearance on the Black Friday bonus edition of ESPN 103.3’s The Football Show...
  2. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would love to keep him & he made it clear he'd love to stay here. In today's NFL, it necessary keep 3 good WRs cause injury rate is so high; all we have to do is look at Miles & Dez to confirm injuries happen. Obviously his play so far this season has driven the price considerably up but if he willing to give us a discount (not a minimum wage deal either) we should make every effort resign him; he certainly is a legit #2 behind either Miles or eventually a developing Dez. BTW: Holley has made some good catches; anybody else know anything about other WRs including Ogletree. Have any of them proved themselves to be legit #3's?
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,079 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Long term deal with incentive laden clause's.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,436 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    I am 100% in favor of it as it stands right now. He has been a revelation.
  5. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know which player I'm happier about picking up this year. Robinson, Bailey, Fiametta, Smith or Murray. They have all played a significant role and are the reason our record is as good as it is.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do it Jerry lock this man up!
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Miles and and he will be fighting for starting job next year, if Austin loses he'll probably be too expensive to keep and be traded.
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,632 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    Don't worry, Laurent. You will.
  9. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    With the hamstring issues on Miles, and slow learning of Dez, Robinson is great insurance, and perhaps more deserving of starting than Miles, based upon this season. Miles perhaps drank some of the Romo-Hollywood Kool-Aid, and didn't pay enough mind to the task at hand. We'll see if he can finish the season. I think Robinson, experiencing an off-season and training camp with the Cowboys, just might turn into a very valuable addition to the roster. He might even cause Garrett to rebuild the offense into a three-wideout juggernaut.
  10. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wow, just wow :laugh2: Well unless this was meant to be a joke.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,632 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    Pretty bogus. Miles Austin turned in the best game of any WR this season at San Francisco in Week 2...just because a guy is battling injury this year and all of a sudden he's a bum who didn't practice like he was supposed to?
  12. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    You won't keep Laurent cheap, you can't have them all on the roster so one will be trade bait likely, that much is serious I would think.

If bryant becomes the legit number one receiver you might deal away Austin and keep Laurent to save cap space.
  13. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,806 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Totally with you.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,391 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Laurent has done a nice job and Romo seems to love him.

I hope he is not a tease and his performance gets better now that December rolls and the opponents get tougher.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now this is hilarious crazy talk here folks... Pay no attention to the man in the white jacket with the straps on it please.
  16. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't eat the cheese... Agendas are running wild on here.
  17. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    And yet Jesse Holley was the hero in that game. Austin has not been much of a factor this year.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,630 Messages
    1,436 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  19. Trendnet

Trendnet Member

719 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Its like you didn't even watch that game.
  20. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,479 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Look at the pack they have a boat load of good wideouts. Laurent realizes he is a big part of this offense and he's getting open and could have a very nice career here. He doesn't want to go and we won't let him