1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Mosley: Jerry Jones talks about a 'culture change'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 8, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,231 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Nov 8
    6:32
    PM ET
    By Matt Mosley

Sounding as if he hadn't slept since Sunday night's 45-7 loss in Green Bay, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talked of a "culture change" at Valley Ranch in addressing his decisionto fire coach Wade Phillips and replace him with Jason Garrett on an interim basis. Jones sounded incredibly measured -- almost robotic -- in explaining his decision.

He admitted to being in "denial" about this decision and said he'd still believed Phillips could save his job as late as Saturday night. Jones said he wouldn't apologize for changing his mind after saying Friday that Phillips would coach the rest of the season. He talked about his friendship with Phillips, but he said the failure of his defense eventually led to his demise.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/21248/jerry-jones-talks-about-a-culture-change
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm not sure Jerry is all that aware of where this teams culture comes from. It normally comes from the dominant figure in the organization and if the owner/GM makes that figure himself, he is the creator of that 'culture'.

If he'd admitted to being 'in denial' about anything but that, I'd have to say that he has yet to come out of it.

I hope Garret is successful, despite Jerry; he can suffer whatever delusions he wants over it, but I hope Garrett can do it. Maybe having been a part of that culture as a player and now a coach he's shrewd enough to know how to play around it and do things his way, while convincing the old man he's some sort of football genius.